GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by imthanick_a

1. imthanick_a

Help needed to install a control module to a 12v

The add-a-fuse taps have short flying leads so you can connect the wires from your accessory to. They are not meant to be a "wiring harness" that runs to your accessory.
  2. imthanick_a

Help needed to install a control module to a 12v

Why not do this the right way and use the fuse-tap in the fuse box? You asked for advice then shot it down and did your own thing anyway
  3. imthanick_a

GTI with Bilstein B16 (Damptronic)

Theyre on sale for like 1200 off right now on USP's website. Wish i had the cash for them
  4. imthanick_a

New wheels on the way: FAST FC04

I'm running 235/40 on mine and I'm lowered. So you'll probably be fine
  5. imthanick_a

You Can Keep Your Electric Vehicles

Not to mention, hydrogen is extremely explosive...
  6. imthanick_a

Unpopular Opinion: Rear sway bars don't live up to the hype.

This one is mine. Gorge Blvd used to look like the surface of the moon and route 8 is the busiest highway in the area.. They've extended the ramp quite a bit since my fiance moved out of her apartment down there but it used to be all of 500 feet on a 90 degree turn
  7. imthanick_a

Unpopular Opinion: Rear sway bars don't live up to the hype.

My biggest pet peeve is people who don't use on-ramps to get up to speed (or just a smidge faster ;)...) what the heck is wrong with people, thats what on-ramps are for
  8. imthanick_a

Turning off service indication

You can reset the service reminder whenever you want to IIRC
  9. imthanick_a

Shocker: California to Start Checking for ECU Tunes During Smog.

Flash back to your tune the second they finish the smog test. Right in front of them.
  10. imthanick_a

Cabin filter - IDParts sent me the wrong one, should I just keep it?

I think something happened with Mann filters. I can't find the frecious plus that I ordered last time anywhere this year. Ended up with a fram charcoal instead
  11. imthanick_a

What did you do to your mk7 today?

oops... sorry about that, im bad at reading and read that WAY wrong lol.
  12. imthanick_a

jb4 doesnt give you the whoosh noises though
  13. imthanick_a

Any one a bug expert?

Get this stuff. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QDEQ7E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I had a REALLY bad carpenter ant problem not long ago. Dozens of them flying around near my house at any given time for a few weeks. Havent seen a single one since i sprinkled some of...
  14. imthanick_a

I had a type c cord fail on me, usually i just open up the cable and re-solder the leads onto the connector when that happens, but type c cables have so many tiny fingers on the PCB that they are basically un-serviceable. The solder joints on those tiny fingers are very prone to breaking I...