GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by imthanick_a

1. imthanick_a

MK7 Confessions

remidns me of those tacky instagram ads - "people tell me ALL the time how good my feet smell" like yeah, no..... nobody tells you that
  2. imthanick_a

MK7 Confessions

holly shit haha. i accidentally cut to the right too soon pulling out of a spot with a curb on my right. thought the horrible scraping was my wheels and got so pissed. luckily it was just my rockblocks mudflap. thank god for cheap plastic. my tire saved my sheel similarly to your photo. phew
  3. imthanick_a

What did you do to your mk7 today?

bird shit is super abrasive and acidic so it eats the clear easily. i have a hazy spot on my roof from letting bird shit sit for a day in the sun. hit it with some polishing compound and it should be good
  4. imthanick_a

I usually do about 2 gallons of e85 and 8 gallons of 93 when i fill up in the summer. Never had a gage but the math put me in the right range. Once I accidentally let the e85 pump 7 gallons before i realized and then topped off with 3 gallons of 93. all was fine luckily, but i didnt beat on it...
  5. imthanick_a

Downgrade LP headlights

not if they have cracks. those go deep. mine are cracked from lamin-x and theres no sanding those out
  6. imthanick_a

Downgrade LP headlights

OEM are made by hella. those arent OEM
  7. imthanick_a

I havent had issues with my PS4S for 3 years
  8. imthanick_a

What is this?

keeps it off the block and keeps the engine vibration from rubbing through the hose. its fine
  9. imthanick_a

Why can't I get rid of this car?

I've had mine since 2016, bought new, now have 67k miles on it. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. I absolutely love the thing. Its got great styling, super fun to drive, probably the most aftermarket support of any platform I can think of besides Honda's, and the build quality/feel of the...
  10. imthanick_a

thats unfortunately how it always works. get the insurance after an event, and the cat hasnt had to go to the vet in the past 4 years since that happened... go figures. per insurance companies can be kinda shitty too when it comes to deciding what they want to cover. My wife has had good success...
  11. imthanick_a

we had an emergency expensive vet bill like this for a cat that needed all his teeth removed because he was allergic to them. nowhere near as expensive as yours was but it was enough to make us get pet insurance for all our animals. hope your pup is doing okay!
  12. imthanick_a

Always use a second gage. never trust the cheap-os that come with the compressor.
  13. imthanick_a

thank brotha. that was a good thread
  14. imthanick_a

oh theres my answer
  15. imthanick_a

Changed spark plugs and oil last week and found a leaky tire =( I've been kinda absent on the "scene" lately - are MK8 PCV's an upgrade/bolt on for our cars? Is that a common upgrade people are doing now?