GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ImolaR

1. ImolaR

MK 7 CoverCraft form-fit car cover

Make me an offer!
  2. ImolaR

MK 7 CoverCraft form-fit car cover

Custom made cover for use indoors (parking garage for example). Cost over $400 new. I no longer need it, and only used it for about 6 months. Feel free to DM me instead of checking out through eBay (up to you). Payment will be PayPal. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133373194395?ul_noapp=true
  3. ImolaR

Strange tire wear?

Thank you all for the valuable information! When I get new tires (likely the same, Sport 4s have been fantastic) Ill be sure to get that alignment print out. Steve.
  4. ImolaR

Strange tire wear?

My thoughts too, the inside is 'dragging' while driving straight. Maybe I need to upgrade to the new Mercedes DAS steering system? (For those who don't know...
  5. ImolaR

Strange tire wear?

Good to know, thanks for the info! 2016 R with DCC 19'' wheels
  6. ImolaR

Strange tire wear?

Nope!
  7. ImolaR

Strange tire wear?

39PSI per door card
  8. ImolaR

Strange tire wear?

Hey guys, Curious about the tire wear I'm seeing on my fronts. The tires have about 20k mi on them and were rotated and aligned about 5k mi ago at VW. They're Michelin Sport 4S that I bought in 2017. Anyone seen similar wear? No track days on these and I don't drive particularly aggressive, DCC...
  9. ImolaR

EBC Yellow Stuff torched after DE

Check out these pics. This is the condition of my front pads after just one track day at Sebring. The front right are a bit worse than the left, presumably because of the 'torque vectoring'. EBC advertise yellow as a "trackable street pad," but I'm not so sure... Sent from my iPhone...
  10. ImolaR

Melted brake electric sensor

While installing some new rotors, I noticed this wire hanging freely. It's totally fired, not sure which track day it was from. No warning lights on dash. What should be done? From what I could see this wire goes directly into the inboard face of the caliper, not into a brake pad. I'm running...
  11. ImolaR

Poly control arm bushing any good?

Curious if buying and installing these is worth the trouble. Anyone on here happy with it? Or is the difference negligible? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/front-polyurethane-control-arm-bushing-kit-without-hardware/008692ecs02-01kt/
  12. ImolaR

Clutch is slipping..

My clutch is starting to slip, happens when boost comes on after 3k RPM, only in higher gears on the highway for example. I have 17k miles on the clock. Admittedly I have not been too easy on it, including two track days..but I'm not at all happy about the situation. VW quoted me $2,200.00 out...
  13. ImolaR

Spring cleaning: Clay your car (pics)

Decided after having the car for 1.5yrs and not having compounded it, that it was time to do some paint correction. Did a bunch of research on claying cars, you can watch AMMO NYC's fantastic Youtube videos for great advice on when and how to do any kind of car detailing. It was a very simple...
  14. ImolaR

Recommendations for upgraded rotors on stock calipers?

My stock rotors are just about kaput, after two days at the track and 15k miles. Trying to find a upgraded set that are at least grooved/slotted for an improvement at the track. Already have ECB yellow stuff pads which helped a lot. Any ideas? Experience?
  15. ImolaR

If you have a manual...

...and haven't installed a short shifter, do it. Go buy it right now. Fantastic mod and for $75.00 there are no excuses! :) Can't believe I waited 1.5 years :eek: