GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ilikevenice

1. I

2015 MK7 Golf R - Intermittent "Error: Service Vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position!" & "Fault: Windshield wipers"

Everything else seems to be operational, though I have not checked the headlights. The messages don't bother me, but not being able to use the turn signal is big problem while driving.
  2. I

2015 MK7 Golf R - Intermittent "Error: Service Vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position!" & "Fault: Windshield wipers"

I've been experiencing a very weird issue in the past 6 months or so. When I hit a bump on the road, or sometimes without any apparent reason, my car shows the dreaded "Error: Service Vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position!", followed by "Fault: Windshield wipers". At that point, I can still...
  3. I

Oil pan replacement on the Golf R using four jack stands

No, I'm on the opposite coast (Palm Beach). But I'm originally from the other Venice... the one in Europe... ; ) Autocross sound like a lot of fun...
  4. I

OEM Audi Jack Pad Adapters + Trim

I ordered the parts from E-ACCA yesterday… shipping to Florida. Total $90. They said that they will ship in 10-12 days… I’ll update the post when they come in.
  5. I

Thank you @KyACRASH. Good to know. Their prices are pretty good, and I'm not in a rush... I can wait 30 days...
  6. I

Hello fellow MK7 aficionados, I was tempted to order the parts from e-acca.com, like some of you did. Could you please share your experience? Is the company reliable? How much do the charge for shipping to the US? And how long did it take the parts to arrive?
  7. I

I don’t think I’m that adventurous… ;) LOL
  8. I

After 8 days, the new pan and gasket seem to be holding up. No traces of leaks so far from the pan. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the cheap oil plug. It was new, but probably not of great quality (and not OEM). It's leaking a few drops around the seal. That will have to wait until the...
  9. I

So, I managed to replace the pan today. I placed the R on ramps, and got enough clearance to crawl under. Not much space, not much fun... but no other options were available. I could have jacked it up, but clearance would not have been much better and, for some reason, the ramps feel safer to...
  10. I

@gdub09 - That's great info. I appreciate you confirming that the gasket itself suffices. It actually helps with the process, since I believe the sealant requires several hours to cure. I'll try to do the job tomorrow: hopefully the new pan+gasket and the new sensor o-ring will do take care of...
  11. I

@AI_in_Philly, I just sent them (VW Part Vortex) and email... let's see what they come back with. The repair manual shows two options: plastic pan and metal pan. In the instruction sequence, though, only the metal pan appear to require a sealant. Oil Pan Lower Section, Removing and Installing...
  12. I

@odessa.filez we’re on the same boat, except that I did not buy the baffle… hopefully it won’t be an issue… No one of the mechanics I originally had asked quotes from ever mentioned the baffle… very interesting. At this point, I’m confused on whether sealant should be applied to the gasket that...
  13. I

So, no sealant on the gasket? What about the baffle?
  14. I

A couple more questions for the experts: How much sealant should I apply on top of the gasket? Does the oil pan baffle need to be replaced too? (That’s what the repair manual says…) Thank you!
  15. I

dtfd, unfortunately I've already ordered and received (though not installed yet) a plastic pan with gasket. Al_in_Philly, I appreciate your super informative post, indeed I wasn't even aware I needed to use sealant for the oil pan, since I thought the gasket was sufficient. I do have the new...