GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by IES99

1. IES99

Why can't I get rid of this car?

this is an MK7/GTI forum and we like these cars. I have a '17 GTI and still consider it brand new. Only 52000 miles
  2. IES99

oil change from top

Waqgen Worx in Charleston SC. They'll rotate the tires and check everything so I let them do this annually. This GTI has never been back to a dealer since it left there in 2017. To others: I cleaned the dipstick after it was on my garage floor. But my wife has that floor so clean we could...
  3. IES99

oil change from top

Pumped the oil out (5100 miles and 8 months) and put in 0-40 Mobil 1 Euro formula. I'll have the shop do it in December.
  4. IES99

What did you do to your mk7 today?

It was recently washed and waxed but had been in a dusty road. Today I just wet it down and rubbed it clean cloth wihile wet.
  5. IES99

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Took it to Mt. Pleasant SC Cars and Coffee. Afterwards took it home and washed and waxed it. I used the wax I use on my boat: It has PTEF (Teflon) in it.
  6. IES99

Carbon Build Up

I'd start with an "Italian tune up" 4th gear at 4000 RPM for 20 minutes.
  7. IES99

Autocross tire pressure help

As another nut behind the wheel, I'll keep doing what I've been doing: 40 PSI in all 4 PS4s.
  8. IES99

Movie and TV Recommendations

Go see "Everywhere Everything All at the same time". I think the big screen in a theater works with all action, slow motion, science fiction, fantasy, martial arts fighting and strange fingers.
  9. IES99

Machine VS Razor

I used electric in the past but changed to a multiblade razor years ago. The result with the razor has been better for me.
  10. IES99

Autocross tire pressure help

That's what I did at SC SCCA this weekend. I see so many other people adjusting tire pressure between laps. Is softer better for traction? I am running Michelin PS4 on stock wheels on my 2017.
  11. IES99

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

I received a letter from VW months ago. No issues with my 2017 GTI. Not near the 800000 mile mark
  12. IES99

My AutoX journey

I just put the dsg in sport and concentrate on steering and braking
  13. IES99

My AutoX journey

Matt, I was there that day, too. Running in GS class. Nice video.
  14. IES99

I traded in the GTI

You turned over a new one. A leaf, that is.
  15. IES99

What is your opinion about wagons?

Dodge tried.but the Magnum didn’t last. A Hellcat Magnum, please.