GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Hyperlite

1. H

Oil on Spark Plug

Honestly that’s not something I’ve paid attention to. I definitely don’t drive off instantly usually, prob about 10-15 seconds on average, but I haven’t actively paid attention to any cold start cycle. Which should I be doing?
  2. H

Oil on Spark Plug

Ok that’s a relief to hear thanks. Good news was the tips of all 4 plugs were dry and similar colour, so it seems the oil wasn’t getting past the threads.
  3. H

Oil on Spark Plug

Just swapped out spark plugs on my 2015 for the first time at 90,000kms. Cylinder #1 had a trace amount of oil at the base of the spark plug threads. 2 & 3 were bone dry. However, cylinder 4 had a decent amount if oil all over it. The car hasn’t leaked oil at all in the 6 years I’ve owned it...
  4. H

Clunking/Thud noise

Just ordered several spring sleeves..fingers crossed this is finally my solution...
  5. H

Clunking/Thud noise

My noise is caused by moving the steering wheel, not by going over bumps.
  6. H

Clunking/Thud noise

D Def not this. I was very careful with assembly and hand torquing.
  7. H

Clunking/Thud noise

Will look into this thanks! How hard is it to swap engine mounts? Something I can do, or best done by a shop?
  8. H

Clunking/Thud noise

I will check this thanks. My springs did have wear, and I put a sleeve on that part, but maybe I need to sleeve the entire compact progressive section?
  9. H

Clunking/Thud noise

Not the brake pads. I had that issue and fixed it. This noise is independent of brake application. It all started with a squeaking rubber noise while turning at low speeds. Was advised it was bad strut bearings. Decided to buy parts and tackle it myself. Also found a set of lightly used DCC...
  10. H

Clunking/Thud noise

Did you ever resolve this? I’ve been chasing a similar noise for over a year now with no success…
  11. H

Adjustable Front Endlinks - Reviews please!

Just pulled the trigger on the ECS endlinks. They had enough good reviews, were on sale for 30% off, and are covered under the ECS lifetime replacement program. Figured It was worth a shot. Planning on using loctite for the install. Should I try to get some on the threads that are going into...
  12. H

Thanks for the replies so far. My setup is OEM Golf R DCC struts with Eibach pro-kit springs. Street driven only, no track or auto-x. Wanting endlinks to hopefully get rid of small clunk noise at low speed turns, and interested to see if it improves the steering feel after lowering.
  13. H

Looking to get some adjustable front endlinks. Pretty much every brand I look up has a mix of positive and negative reviews. Hoping to get some forum members experience/reviews so that I can make a good buy the first go around. Leaning towards Superpro or Whiteline at the moment. Any help is...
  14. H

Suspension Noise … what am I doing wrong?

I had this same issue, popping sound at low speed turns, and literally just fixed it yesterday. Turned out to be the spring skipping on the on strut bearing. The popping sound you hear is the spring releasing in tiny increments. The solve is to put a Tein spring silencer (or rubber equivalent)...
  15. H

GTI w/ VWR springs: noise when turning, please help!

Finally had the time to tear the suspension apart and try this fix, and I’m extremely happy to report that it worked!! My noise was definitely the spring skipping on the strut bearing. Huge thanks to Stanislao for the suggestion!