GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by HoyaDub

1. H

Carmen - HoyaDub's 2017 Tornado Red GTI

Thanks everyone, it definitely feels great to have this car pretty much where I wanted it to be at the start. Down the road we will see if that changes, I have vowed to only replace things from now on if they break (if the turbo goes I will install an is38, when the dampers go I will swap to...
  2. H

This last weekend was an exciting weekend with the car! Officially sent it, and went APR Stage 2 with TCU tune. If anyone happens to live near Lebanon, PA and needs a good shop, the guys at AP Tuning were able to get me in last minute on a Saturday to get the two flashes done, so shout out to...
  3. H

Not yet, but @pointerDixie214 is letting me use his driveway and garage to throw the downpipe on this weekend, so I will take the front bar to install too and report back. Maybe for the first time in months I will have an office that isn't full of car parts since everything left is easy to install
  4. H

My downpipe finally arrived, and just in the nick of time! With any luck I will get it installed no later than this weekend and flash to Stage 2 with a DSG tune. Over the last few weeks I have done a few minor things to the car. The Hawk pads came off the rear and were replaced with OEM rear...
  5. H

Does Anyone Have a MK7 GTI With An AWE Touring Exhaust Plus The Performance Down Pipe?

Sadly I think it is only a matter of time at this point. APR being the "big guy" would be targeted by the EPA first, so with them moving out of the space eventually they will target AWE, Uni, etc. as well.
  6. H

Does Anyone Have a MK7 GTI With An AWE Touring Exhaust Plus The Performance Down Pipe?

This is the exact setup I went with. I have the touring exhaust on my car right now without the downpipe, and the downpipe ready to install hopefully this weekend so I can report back then. I have ridden in a car with the same setup though (he was running AWE DP + Touring) and it was great. Loud...
  7. H

First thing I noticed is that the Michelin tires truly are fabulous. Their grip in the corners is incredible, and their confidence far exceeds mine! By far the best "mod" I have done to the car so far was the PS4S. After driving the dragon one way, I decided to give the groom the keys as he had...
  8. H

Well it has been a while since I update this thread. Since last time I did my front and rear brake pads. The Endless pads up front are fantastic! Low dust, and they stop the car like a dream. I had bought what Nengun claimed were rear pads for my car, even called them to confirm, only to find...
  9. H

Endless MX72 brake pads question

Thanks for the input, yeah I was afraid of that. Oh well, lesson learned! I do love the front pads, they are great so far. I like their stopping power and lack of noise, but I think my favorite thing is how little they dust compared to the stock pads. I will probably go the same route you did...
  10. H

Endless MX72 brake pads question

So I ordered front and rear brake pads for my GTI, based it on what Nengun's website said was the appropriate pads for the car and what I had found here. Had to get some work done on the car anyway, so I had the shop install the brake pads. The front were not an issue (Endless MX72 EIP250)...
  11. H

So I decided to go a different route with the sound of the car, I still have the APR downpipe eventually coming to me, but I decided to ditch the stock exhaust and resonator idea and go with the catback instead. I ended up with an AWE touring edition exhaust. I think this will probably be just...
  12. H

Thanks! I agree, TR is such a great color. I think when I bought mine I was debating between colors as well when I bought mine. I am pretty sure it was between silver and red too (PointerDixie214 may remember, I don't remember for sure). In other news, finally got my brake pads in. Now I am...
  13. H

Neuspeed 25mm FSB?

Is anyone running this bar in conjunction with their 25mm rear sway bar? So far I love the way the car feels with just the rear, but I want to ever so slightly tone down the roll in the front of the car too. After more research than I probably should be doing on this topic, the Neuspeed 25mm...
  14. H

Thanks! That is definitely the look I am trying to go for, so it is great to know I am on track!
  15. H

Nope, I am good. Want to help me install a downpipe though? Lol