GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Hoon

1. Hoon

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

The G25-660 is the big offering. It's just poor engineering. Too much wheel, not enough housing. EQT ran into the same issue testing their first prototype of the next gen turbo...so they revised the design. Garrett either didn't bother to test or didn't care that the turbo is choking itself...
  2. Hoon

G25-660, the bigger of the two current offerings.
  3. Hoon

The G25 is surging above 5k rpm. Real surge in the top end, not a little spool flutter. I also think you're going to be very disappointed if you think the baby Garrett is going to hold 29psi to redline. The big one only holds 30 before exceeding the rpm limits and voiding the warranty.
  4. Hoon

RIP this turbo. Talk about surge, yikes. Garrett seemed to just stuff big wheels into small housings without actually verifying it would work. 😬
  5. Hoon

First dyno test of the big one shows it's a wet noodle. Doesn't make over 30psi without excessive shaft speed. I don't like to judge spool on a dyno but that looked like shit too. I'll reserve final judgement until there are more results but this thing looks like a major fail. People will buy...
  6. Hoon

EQT tuning is Trash!

Correct me if i'm wrong (i'm not rereading this bullshit) but that was in response to someone else who asked about a live tune, not the OP.
  7. Hoon

EQT tuning is Trash!

You've certainly got the monopoly on looking silly. Ed offers to live tune your car free and you fly off the handle because he didn't quote your post, but he PM'd you to work out the details. 🤡
  8. Hoon

CHINESE DOWNPIPE

No, unless you have a clogged cat it's unrelated. 115C is normal btw, especially with a little spirited driving or AC use.
  9. Hoon

APR Stage 3 TCU

And there goes the thread lol
  10. Hoon

APR Stage 3 TCU

I'm in love with this 1980 Malibu that's for sale locally, but I want to buy it as a roller and he doesn't want to sell it that way. The old school blown (carbed) SBC/T5 combo has no appeal to me. I've always wanted to do a big block. I think it's cool as hell to make 1000+ on pump gas lol.
  11. Hoon

APR Stage 3 TCU

agree. i don't know. I'm going to try to wait awhile but I have the itch already lol. I'm thinking LSx, Auto, RWD, all the boost. Maybe in an F-body, they're now old enough that a clean one is rare/cool. I keep thinking about a 5.0/A10 2018+ mustang too. I'm all over the place. Maybe i'll do a...
  12. Hoon

APR Stage 3 TCU

I was installing the clutch packs tonight so i actually started looking at things...the drive plate has 20 teeth that have been sheared off and are somewhere in the transmission (or have been turned to glitter). I missed it initially because it was all broken symmetrically. There is an inner set...
  13. Hoon

Best Catch Can, prevent dirty intake

Ordered the stuff to measure crankcase pressure, will report back in a couple weeks
  14. Hoon

Best Catch Can, prevent dirty intake

Yeah the upgraded Audi one. I need to figure out a little setup to measure crankcase pressure. A guy on FB claimed he saw a reduction when switching from an aftermarket setup to the stock setup, I'd like to do my own test.