GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Hayden

1. Hayden

18x8.5 ET45 + H&R springs - tire advice

The rubbing was the sidewall being bigger and rubbing the fenders AFAIK, not the width.
  2. Hayden

I did decide to go with a 255/35/18, I talked to a few guys on Facebook running this exact set up and none of them mention any rubbing. I did talk to a few people that said 235/40/18 caused rubbing sometimes
  3. Hayden

Hey guys. Currently running 19” VW Pretoria’s with 235/35/19 Indy 500 tires. 20mm and 15mm spacers. Absolutely love how the car looks but it rides terrible and with 3 people in the car it rubs on big bumps. Some photos of how she sits. Anyways. I ordered a new set of wheels, 18x8.5 ET45...
  4. Hayden

Have I been wasting $ on premium for years?

Hey buddy, I’m gonna have to ask you to absolutely slow this down for me and outline in crayon. Does the sticker tell me to use 87 or 91? 😂
  5. Hayden

Interesting.. so now I have 2 conflicting comments with sources. One person said that the sticker means 87 octane, now yours says 91… hmmmmmm….
  6. Hayden

I want to run 87 if the car is designed to run 87. I’m not coming on here asking if my car is going to be OK if I run 87 to save five dollars when my car calls for 91.
  7. Hayden

If the car I purchased requires 91, or i tuned my car for 91 fuel, I have absolutely no issue putting 91 in. With that being said, if my car calls for 87 by VW engineers, that’s what I’ll run. I’ve done days of reading and from what I gathered, aside from a false peace of mind, running octane...
  8. Hayden

Where did I say that I wanted to run 87? I strictly put premium in this car for 6 years and I put premium in my MK5 for 4 years before that. Dumbass comment 🫡
  9. Hayden

My post wasn’t a question of should I run premium or not. It was am I reading/understanding the fuel door sticker correctly? I’ve been paying for premium for 6 years, so it’s obvious that I’m not trying to save $3 a tank. I am just wondering if this sticker means 87 minimum. I have done some...
  10. Hayden

I heard something about some MK7’s that are supposed to run off 87… to check your fuel tank etc. Checked mine, it does show 87 but also 91 underneath. From the research I’ve done, in Canada and the US you want to look at the top number, Min (R+M)/2 87. Is that correct? I’ve been running 91...
  11. Hayden

Does anybody have access to Carfax?

Hey guys, Wondering if anybody has access to an unlimited CarFax account and would be so kind to check this vin for me? JM3KFBDM5J0446931 It is for my wife's CX5 and I think it may have been resprayed before we bought it.. Appreciate the help!
  12. Hayden

Mysterious 4th gear whine/hum

UPDATE - July 7 2023, the mysterious whine is GONE!! 4.5 years of this whine, it drove me sick every day. The other day I changed my brake pads and rotors so I figured I should probably do a brake fluid flush...dropped it off at a shop and told them to do the clutch fluid too, fuck it. Driving...
  13. Hayden

Advice for brake fluid flush/bleed

I won’t have this car for longer than a year and the power bleeder cost more than the $89 CAD labour I paid at a shop to get it done. Appreciate all the comments though!!