GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Hambone

1. Hambone

Jim Lloyd 5/13/1948 till 5/25/2022

Couldn't search the forums for answers without seeing a helpful post from Jim. I had minimal direct interaction as I read more than post these days, but this really hit me hard today. Rest easy, Jim. Class act, an example worth following.
  2. Hambone

Cobb eliminates tuner ability to disable emissions related DTC's

For the most part though what I'm reading is the only really negative impact is there will now be a visible CEL with a DP that does not meet the ECU emission standards for Stage 2?
  3. Hambone

Looking for mechanic shop in central FL

Can also recommend FS. I used them before on a previous GTI.
  4. Hambone

Buzzing vibration sound from rear seat or trunk

I know its been a while but did you every figure out the culprit for your vibration on decel woes?
  5. Hambone

Installed FMIC. Now there is a loud single clunk startup.

Is your car a mk7 or mk7.5 (face-lift)
  6. Hambone

Installed FMIC. Now there is a loud single clunk startup.

I had the same problem with the pipes pressing to the belly pan. Did this ever induce any sort of vibrations while driving for you?
  7. Hambone

Help, spark plug tip broke inside cylinder.

Go buy lottery tickets right now.
  8. Hambone

Help, spark plug tip broke inside cylinder.

How many miles have you logged since you found the electrode? Did you have any visible damage to cylinders/cylinder walls? What about compression test?
  9. Hambone

BFI Stage 1 Engine & Tranny Mounts

Went ahead and torqued everything to spec, put everything back together. Going to drive it as normal until my oil change which is in about 1k miles. I'll take a look at them after the fact to see if anything has shifted. Appreciate the help and feedback so far!
  10. Hambone

They're even. The BFI mount doesn't allow play left to right, only forwards and back along the fender. They are currently centered.
  11. Hambone

I had a set but who the hell knows where they're at now. Ofc they aren't here when I need 'em! That said, here's where I am at right now. Bolts are not tightened up, but this is looking a hell of a lot better than what I started with this morning.
  12. Hambone

I refuse to part out, Diggs! That said, I did double-check my engine mount and it was off, specifically the alignment of the mount against the engine bracket. I had the jack support from DSG side, cracked the bolts loose, and used a pry bar to gently shift it. Its now even, and I tightened it...
  13. Hambone

Whats wrong with the engine mount? The base of the mount is parallel with the chassis. I may not have taken the best picture, but based on what I previously read, its pretty much to spec (10mm gap between the mount and engine bracket, etc). Also, keep in mind I have the BFI dogbone insert as...
  14. Hambone

So I've got into the car and here is where I am at. I pulled the bolt from the dogbone. My engine mount from the first round of install last week looks good and aligned (to me, at least). The powertrain did not move or shift at all when taking off the OEM, and install lined up/threaded...
  15. Hambone

I'll update this Friday when I can get pictures. I spoke with a local mechanic who gave me some pointers on lining things up.