GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by H2O_Doc

1. H2O_Doc

Happy with Rally Armor mud flaps

Bought a set to keep schmootz, mud, dirt, and debris off the side of my GTI. They work great for their intended purpose. I was a little concerned about their esthetic, but rather than a negative - I think I like the look just fine. I do need to paint over the viewable fastening hardware...
  2. H2O_Doc

Anybody furloughed?

Contractors (who aren’t being paid) are too frequently forgotten in all of this.
  3. H2O_Doc

Anybody furloughed?

Looks like we are moving no closer to a deal that gets us back to work. I think y’all in the DC area should work on my GTI to keep yourselves busy. I’m looking out for your mental health.
  4. H2O_Doc

Anybody furloughed?

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/15/us/chef-jose-andres-feeding-federal-workers-shutdown-trnd/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
  5. H2O_Doc

What did you do to your mk7 today?

No, and she’s quite the opposite of what my comment suggests : )
  6. H2O_Doc

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Is that what that is??? I’ve been doing it all wrong. I use the hatch pop kit to sweep floors. My wife uses it to get to work.
  7. H2O_Doc

Your Snowpocalypse Photos

It took a snow to make me realize that I drive a silver car and not a white car (white silver metallic). Most days it seems pearlescent white; but with snow as a reference, today it was a light grey silver.
  8. H2O_Doc

What is your occupation?

My dissertation work was in Western NC (Joyce Kilmer/Coweeta). Wonderful part of the world. Music tradition really is something. My dissertation work led to a fed position as a biologist. I thought I’d always be a boots-in-the-water field biologist, but I’ve actually been in policy, planning...
  9. H2O_Doc

Life gives you salt, I say go make margaritas.
  10. H2O_Doc

I awoke to this: I’m still glad for trading my Wrangler for a GRI, but it would be useful today: I hope y’all are doing well in the weather.
  11. H2O_Doc

Anyone Ever Run Across a Golf "El Camino"?

Needs curb feelers (but don’t we all?).
  12. H2O_Doc

Naming could be fun: Der Camino El Golfo Der waggon-con-cama
  13. H2O_Doc

Another German-Mexican alliance?
  14. H2O_Doc

Anybody furloughed?

I was in a similar situation at the Corps a few years back; some of us worked and some were furloughed depending on how we were funded. I didn’t mind working even though some got a free vacation. I was happy to have the assurance of a paycheck. As far as my work goes now, I’d gladly work until...
  15. H2O_Doc

Anybody furloughed?

If I was still at the Corps of Engineers, I’d be working this week. I did a year at the White House CEQ (non-political appointment/career Fed), but didn’t experience a shutdown during that time.