GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by guccigolf

1. G

Help requested: aftermarket led shifter

Hi everyone, if anyone has installed one of these aftermarket led shifters, I'd really appreciate your input. I honestly think I've received a faulty shifter. My led shifter arrived today from aliexpress and it took me about an hour to install... and then another 2 hours of troubleshooting...
  2. G

5G6 919 605 8" Glass Display Variants

Hey I just saw this, sorry. Love your videos by the way, they've been a massive help with my own retrofits. I don't have VCDS/OBD11, but I do have OBD2 and my car scanner app gives me access to some coding and live data. I'm going to be changing some adaptations tonight so I'll double check it...
  3. G

Wireless Charging

Wait, they enabled Wireless android auto? Was this through updating the MIB2 or MIB2.5 software? My latest version is about 2017, but if I have to update to 2022 to get wireless aa then it's worth a shot.
  4. G

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

What's the name or part number of this piece here?
  5. G

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Retrofitted the premium panels for all 4 doors + my glovebox. These trim pieces are plastic welded to the door card and break upon removal. Thank god for gorilla glue Overall cost me about $90AUD or $60USD
  6. G

Carplay audio quality

Did anyone work a solution to this? My Bluetooth audio is so much better than my android auto that I'm considering just not using carplay at all.
  7. G

2017 GTI Infotainment Update

I think I'll just upgrade to the latest official 06xxD firmware. We'll see if there's any noticeable changes. I guess this wouldn't allow me to unlock any SwaP though (i.e. voice control). I think I could do the 08xxD upgrade if I had the right equipment, but I'm running on a macbook pro with...
  8. G

2017 GTI Infotainment Update

Very useful website, thank you. For my current version 6028D, which of the below could I update to? Latest official firmware: MST2_EU_VW_P0642D (MU: 0764). Latest possible firmware: MST2_EU_VW_P0879D (MU: 0879). I'm also looking to enable voice control, I see a Delphi method mentioned in the...
  9. G

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Are there separate models for the AID in the centre of pre-facelift instrument clusters? I recoded my infotainment theme from the blue TSI to the red GTI, and I'd like to code that small section in my cluster to match. Not sure if its doable on a comfortline TSI 2017 model.
  10. G

Cleaning Inside Odometer Cluster Perspex

I still can't believe they were going to charge $550 to replace the perspex. Suffice to say, I'm very happy with my $20 fix. They also quoted me $705 to replace the plastic trim around the cupholders, which is an absolute joke. Rather than spending all that $$$ on a $5 piece of plastic, I just...
  11. G

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

My current shifter is looking pretty worn (thank you previous owner), so today I went ahead and bought an LED shifter. I bought the piano black shifter with perforated leather for $70 delivered. When finished, it should look something like this: Which I'd consider a massive improvement...
  12. G

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Today I retrofitted the mk7.5 display, and heavily polished my instrument cluster plastic.
  13. G

Cleaning Inside Odometer Cluster Perspex

My local auto store was having a sale on Meguiar's products so I picked up some PlastX today. I went at the cluster with a microfiber cloth while regularly reapplying PlastX. Overall, it took me about 3 hours of watching Netflix while scrubbing back and forth to get it all cleaned up. There's...
  14. G

5G6 919 605 8" Glass Display Variants

Installed the screen today, I already had the original screen out so it only took me 2 minutes to disconnect my battery, plug the screen in, and reconnect the battery. No issues whatsoever with the A variant, even the app button works. Well worth the $200AUD.
  15. G

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2/MST2 Delphi HeadUnit (MST2_VW_xxxxxD) patch [FEC/SWAP/CID/CP]Android Auto,CarPlay and many more

Is there a clear update path for my unit? MST2_EU_VW_P0628D. The update path I see on mib.solution is all for the 08xx train versions