GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GTITX1

1. G

Question about seat adjustment

Have a question for the current owners. I know that US spec may be slightly different, but was curious. Currently a gripe I have with my mk6 gti is that I cannot tilt the lower portion of the seat, so it makes for a pretty steep angle with my hips sitting lower than my knees regardless of seat...
  2. G

So the turbo's are already blowing on R's?

I saw a thread over on vortex that user Maodys (the guy who posts the awesome ring lap videos) had his turbo blow, and several other owners have had their turbos blow as well, and many times requiring the entire engine be replaced. As far as I know, they are all non tuned. I wonder what this...
  3. G

Anyone else torn between the S3 and the R?

I have been a fan of Audi's and VW's for as long as I can remember. One thing I will never forget is when I fell in love with the Audi S cars. It was an Imola yellow B5 S4 I saw on a freeway, and I can still remember it like it was yesterday, even though it was about 15 years ago. I always...
  4. G

SO FWD IS BORING, HUH?

And how does this equate to fun on the street?
  5. G

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8-Speed A/T

Am I the only one tired of the LED lighting strips on everything now.
  6. G

Passat concept with 250HP 1.8T

Fitting products properly into brand and pricing ladders. And on the other side of the "conspiratorial" angle, because running an engine and associated parts at 75% of capacity leads to far fewer warranty claims.
  7. G

Mercedes A Class-250 AMG - Hot Hatch

Those front and rear shots are very flattering IMO, the car looks horrid from any other angle.
  8. G

Any solid info on the Audi S3 coming to the U.S.?

I have been searching around the internet the last few days for info regarding the Audi S3 coming to the U.S. Some sites and forums that I read say that the S3 sedan is all but a certainty as a 2014 model, but what is uncertain is whether the hatch will come to the U.S. Then other sources...
  9. G

Texas Considering 85-mph Speed Limit

As said, all this does is acknowledge the speed that most people are going anyway, and attempts to eliminate the people going the current speed limit from causing accidents. As I understand it, the way speed limits are set in this state is that a survey of traffic on a road is done, and they...
  10. G

2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo First Test

This thing is like a knock off hand bag or something, and has been from the start. Looks the part, but has nothing under the sheet metal to back it up.
  11. G

GTI MKVII to have 260bhp!

The IHI and the K04 both have pretty much zero perceptible lag, it is the torque surge that people mistake for lag, especially in the stage 1 cars.
  12. G

GTI MKVII to have 260bhp!

If anything, this just goes to further enforce that Stage 1 tunes are completely safe for engine internals...of course this is assuming the don't really change much about the 2.0T, but I am guessing they are basically just turning up the boost, or using the K04 stock.
  13. G

2013 Subaru xv-crosstrek

Immediately thought this is the new hippie mobile.
  14. G

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

It looks like VW is definitely going to need to bump the HP on these cars. The biggest problem VW seems to have in the US market is not wanting to step on their other foot (audi). I would expect the mk7 gti to be in the neighborhood of 250hp 275ftlb stock. I realize that HP/TQ is not...
  15. G

Mega Millions

Hell yeah! You have provided me with hours of informative and entertaining posts. If I was that filthy rich, it surely deserves a new car and upgrades :) Thinking I might buy a couple of those 2.5 guys adding GTI exhaust and cosmetic changes an actual GTI too, haha