GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gtifisherman

1. G

Mods for best handling? comfort not necessary

I forgot about wave track, this is something I’m definitely going to install one. I think I’m going to put this near the top of my list. I have an S model so no VAQ system.
  2. G

So you can add me to the list for one of these, lol. This thought crossed my mind, but I own the Gti out right and I don’t want to end up spending extra money, plus mods money on top of that. My wife always tells me they are hairdresser cars but I don’t even care!
  3. G

I have been given the luxury of a company car, and although it’s boring AF… I no longer need my Gti to be my daily driver. I would like to optimize the car for the best handling possible for auto cross, track days and terrorizing the back road twisties. I am not worried about comfort because the...
  4. G

Mysterious missing wiring in shift console!? '18 GTI.

My thought also is that someone added the wrong panel to the car for whatever reason as I do not believe the “s” model has the start/stop feature. Regardless of the reason behind the missing harness, your car has been tampered with in a suspicious way. It would make me nervous with regards to...
  5. G

Diverter valve possibly whistling?

Ok so I discovered something that is likely the problem.... my downpipe clamp broke underneath the pipe. From the top it looked like it was fully tightened but thin piece of metal on the bottom that allows the two sides to flex has failed. It had miraculously kept the down pipe in place for the...
  6. G

I'll also add that this problem happened when I re-stocked the car for inspection, I haven't gotten around to re-installing the dp or jb4. it happened maybe 3 weeks after returning the car to stock.
  7. G

I'm going to pull things apart this weekend. Still no new epc lights. Ill keep everyone posted. Also I have never been aggressive with JB4. I'm on a stock clutch still and I don't drag race. I've only experimented with the preset maps or low boost, clutch saver custom maps.
  8. G

I have a code reader but it did not seem to store the code. I did not check it right away though. The light was only on for 30 seconds before I cycled the car off and on and the light turned off, car was back to normal, but still whistling.
  9. G

Will do. The epc light is intermittent, only happened the one time, but I'm fairly certain its related to the whistle.
  10. G

So I think my diverter valve is making a whistling noise, only under boost. Not 100% sure is the DV, but it certainly seems to be the cause. It only makes the whistle under load above 3k rpm, roughly about the time the diverter valve vents excess boost. It literally sounds like a coach's...
  11. G

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

A quick question here... I’m about to replace the stock spark plugs. I run the newest jb4 map 3, catted downpipe, and always use 93 and almost always use a couple gallons of e85 on top. Is there any benefit of running a step colder spark plugs or are the stock ones fine? My logs have always been...
  12. G

What spark plugs?

I am due for a new set of spark plugs and am curious as to which I should purchase. I've done a search but could not find something specific to what I need to know. Car is 6mt running jb4 on map 3 (newest version) and a rev9 down pipe that I welded a high flow cat too. I usually mix a little...
  13. G

Hard to heel toe in 2019 mk7.5

For some reason heel toe baffled me in this car too. It seems the gas pedal is just two low. That being said, something finally clicked after 2 years of ownership and now I can do it but I definitely had to modify my technique. More than anything I had to modify my braking technique. I've found...
  14. G

Clutch failure at 12k miles - no warning signs...

I am almost certain from the story that his thrust washer failed and e had crank walk. Good move on selling the car and clutch.