GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GTI Jake

1. GTI Jake

To those that went from IS38 to bigger

I don’t have standard Vortex logs to compare it to Same
  2. GTI Jake

To those that went from IS38 to bigger

I never recommend the XL unless there’s plans in place for MPI/LPFP/PM4. The standard Vortex is the HPFP weapon of choice, but I’d love to compare your XL/HPFP logs to one to see just how much differently they spool. I’m guessing it’s not all that drastic
  3. GTI Jake

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

Mk2 Synchro (AWD)?!
  4. GTI Jake

What did you do to your mk7 today?

103k mile is38 car here, and I’ve never added more than a pint between changes
  5. GTI Jake

New member, build ideas...

They’re in almost all 50 states, FedEx makes it easy! Simple DIY installation with video and written instructions
  6. GTI Jake

I own a engine support bar and use a floor jack and a block of wood for mounts. I’ve done at least a half dozen BFI mount installs
  7. GTI Jake

AWE exhaust issues

Saved would imply they’re even comparable by any measure outside of being built for a MBQ car. We all saved a bunch by not buying a GT3RS if you wanna look at it that way lol, could’ve kept going and bought a Kia with Hunter Biden blow money to spare! I wasn’t gonna say anything, but yes I’m...
  8. GTI Jake

Had the wife’s car ceramic coated, fixing a spot the factory had wet sanded and scratches from the in-laws dog jumping on the door. Neither of those things were a reason for having it done, but the paint is absolutely flawless now and looks a million times better than new. A few hours later...
  9. GTI Jake

what downpipe should i get

Even when they were available the “CEL Guarantee” is for the first 12 months if you read the fine print. Also, poor design and lack of proper back purge makes them prone to crack just after the turbo like CTS and others
  10. GTI Jake

Researching Exhaust Options

CTS DP / Baun Performance MP / Borla CBE Before & after clips of the MP in this video
  11. GTI Jake

Finally got some good before and after clips, in this case a CTS DP & Borla CBE with my resonated Midpipe
  12. GTI Jake

what downpipe should i get

Yeah, I build/sell the solution for that all the time. I’d still tell him to do a tune and Intercooler upgrade first though