GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by grambles423

1. grambles423

dfd forum looks like an alt-right meetup

Did somebody say poop?
  2. grambles423

Civic Type-R driving impressions Video

In the modicum that is the enthusiast world, you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would forgo it. Just like the FN2, wing be damned, I'd drive it. BUT, I think it looks better in other colors besides white this time around :o Power - Check Torque - Check Turbo - Check Brembos - Check...
  3. grambles423

Civic Type-R driving impressions Video

Driven it. Love it. I would buy this over STI and Golf R any day due it its pure rawness yet refined touch. The other competitors do not offer such beastly performance. Its stupid fast. I agree with one review saying it might be TOO extreme for a normal road car. Yet, its powered understeer is...
  4. grambles423

Civic Type R spotted in Ohio

I've never liked this body style. Even when it was initially introduced by in 2012, there was much speculation as to why it was ran with two different platforms for UK and NA market. This platform never had a Type R planned for it, hence why it was such a tough project to actually get out to the...
  5. grambles423

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

Agreed. Current CRZ is meh. It had much potential but was lost in the 1.5 IMA shuffle. I hear, next gen will be fun.
  6. grambles423

Focus RS - Confirmed

Hyper hatches often pay for their initial investment within the first year of sales. If they are targeting 5K I bet they'll achieve it. Anything over is bonus profit. Not to mention, the initial investment has already been laid due to the common platform. Exclusive suspension parts and engine...
  7. grambles423

Focus RS - Confirmed

Definitely will be a hot seller if priced right. Hot being ~5K units a year, which is pennies compared to their overall Focus sales (204K). Why not when you have a global platform and a seemingly common drivetrain that takes a few exclusive parts to give it the "edge". Niche vehicle for a...
  8. grambles423

Merkle's Truck Talk & other Musings.

Post 2004. I had an old 2.3L Duratec 5speed XLT Reg can. That thing was a beast with 3.73 stock gears on the 7.5" axle. Nothing special, but it got 28mpg driving like hell. I put almost 150K on that thing with zero problems except a wheel bearing. I miss it. :(
  9. grambles423

Expectations will be the downfall of all enthusiasts. Myself included. But it doesn't make a company bad because a car is not being made to someone else's expectations
  10. grambles423

Where's the logic behind this? Other than "feelings"
  11. grambles423

Truth. But finding a good MT with low milage.....das unicorn.
  12. grambles423

Alan, I almost bought an FX4 Ranger yesterday. Saw it in person and the trans was totally shot. :( So close.
  13. grambles423

Civic Spy Shots (4DR)

Would you buy one if they did? This is where I'm hung up. Enthusiasts are often the most wishy washy buyers to sell to. From M3s to GTIs to Corvettes to BRZs, there's such a wide range to appeal to. Honda often hits niche vehicles and plans around that. There's a very specific market for Hot...