GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GPL

1. GPL

Making Golf Interior Quieter

Insulated front wing wheel arch drivers side with closed cell foam plus underlay glued to back of wheel liner no discernable difference in road noise reduction noticed. Taken it all back off now.
  2. GPL

Great . Thank guys i have ordered some deadening material and some strong spray on glue also. I will let you know my results in a few weeks.
  3. GPL

I have one more question. do you think the plastic front arch liners make matters worse on the golf echoing the noise in the void.
  4. GPL

I see I can pack these area,s out. What foam would you recomend please Dave. Any Links. Maybe this DODO SUPER LINER 12MM 1/2" 10 SHEETS CAR THERMO FOAM INSULATION SOUND PROOFING or this one DODO MAT ACOUSTIC LINER 15MM 2 SHEETS CAR SOUND PROOFING FOAM SELF ADHESIVE
  5. GPL

Hi Good info. i had not thought about those side trims. I am planning on working on the front wheel well area again because i think a hell of a lot of road/tire noise is coming from there. i will check those side trims now. My mk 7.5 is quite good on the motorway at 70mph but as soon as the...
  6. GPL

Hi I have used this 3M Thinsulate acoustic material on the insides of my doors and taigate . Little flimsy and thin to work with but can shape and get into knooks and crannys easy. Get the addisive backed type. Not sure how effective it is tho. I have done a load of sound insulation on my...
  7. GPL

Tyre noise from Bridgestones on GTI

Hi I forgot to say i also fiited new Dunlops all round 2000 miles ago o eliminate sawtooth issues if any.
  8. GPL

Tyre noise from Bridgestones on GTI

I have a simalar car to Fuelboss June 2018 mk 7.5 Golf R Line EVO 1.5 TSI DSG 150 BHP 20,000 Miles. Tire size Dunlop Sport Max RT 225/40/18 STD from factory. I experienced this dronning between the rev range of 2200 and 2800 revs most noticable cruising on the motorways that would be...
  9. GPL

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

I have after much delay fitted the front LCA aero covers (5WA 407 118 and 5WA 407 117) to my MY19 Mk7.5 GTI. A bit of extra work involved cutting two channels to clear the cable ties for the RS3 brake ducts. Nice snug fit though. Hi. Can you give me the fixing instructions for these covers...
  10. GPL

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Thanks Dave. I will have a closer look and see if it is worth the trouble. Cheers mate.
  11. GPL

Rear exhaust cover 5QO 835 206K As i have said before my car is the 1.5TSI and this new cover covers another silencer in that area on my car. It fits on the fuel tank stud fine and fits the long undertray fine but there is no stud on the chassis for the 3rd fixing point only a 13mm bolt...
  12. GPL

hI. Finally fitted some aero bits to my 2018 1.5 tsi evo MK 7.5 Already had the full engine cover from standard. New bits. Front exhaust tunnel cover. 5Q0 825 229 C Rear axle cover 1K0 501 713C Rear lower arms covers 5QO 501 733/4 Rear exhaust cover 5QO 835 206K Not yet fitted as my...
  13. GPL

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

I would replace the stock Resonator in the same position with the 17930 or 17950 maybe go for the 17950 on your setup. This will help reduce some of the drone .