GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by goodvibes

1. G

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Try getting gas elsewhere once you've emptied the tank. It's fine as is but it should be clean on map 1 with 93. If it doesn't get better after trying a couple other pumps, I'd leave it alone and assume the gas in your area is poor. Map 1 should basically be cleaner than that on 91 and spotless...
  2. G

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

zumble is correct but you can go to 3 without any concern or even changing FOL. Safe enough for a few runs either way if you're that clean at 2.
  3. G

Repeating fuel pump failure

I assume you've replaced the fuel filter.
  4. G

IS20 wouldn't mind a tune. You aren't really benefitting from it without more octane or a tune. I (is12) can run higher #s than you are and not run out of pressure at high rpm simply because my gas is a little better. The benefit of the IS 20 is to run even higher boost and being able to...
  5. G

It's trade offs with tunes. If others use more boost, they do so by pulling timing a bit. The 1.8 stock tune has more advance than the 2.0 so you can get a bit more boost by running less timing with a program tune but there's not much there until you do mods like an IS20. The one thing you do...
  6. G

I forgot to mention that if they change gas formulations for winter where he's at, he should probably run map 1 during winter gas. I always knock off 1 psi for winter.
  7. G

Looks at the limit but fine. There's some timing ticks but your trims and overall advance are fine. FOL also. I'd just continue to fill with 93 and leave it be. Were you empty when you filled up? I'd just leave it and check again after the next fill, if similar, you're done.
  8. G

91 on map 1 is not an issue and a noticeable upgrade.
  9. G

In my opinion, yes, with a stock tune. You can easily tune to ping 91 with an IS12 at 6500rpm so what will a bigger turbo do for you in that situation other than spool slower? IS20 can be a significant upgrade but you need to run higher octane and/or flash the ecu to see any real world...
  10. G

Gas quality could be better. Try another station. If going map 6, you can try to add a bit more boost in small increments above 5500 but I'd leave the rest alone unless you start adding some e85 etc. If you do that, bump up the FOL, otherwise there's clearly no need. Just for reference, here's...
  11. G

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

They are worded differently. Says 3 has an extra 1 psi of boost. Thanks for having so little comprehension.
  12. G

1st post in this thread.
  13. G

More boost, requires higher octane. Don't even try without at least good 93 octane.
  14. G

High 14s sounds high but is that full load/throttle. I'd think staying in the 13s above 3k under full throttles is what you're looking for.
  15. G

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Not the way I'd do it either but apparently Burger told him to give it a go. Won't hurt anything since all the stock VW protections are still in place and he could have got the same crash on map 3 since it's actually the more aggressive map. Gas quality may have given him the best or equal...