GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Golfs everyday

1. Golfs everyday

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

Still scratching my head whether to go with the Cobb CBE or GReddy for my FiST.. or to just leave it alone. It's a fun little car and want to make it a tad more lively.. however, I bought the thing used as my errands car and has some previous owner induced little scuffs and scratches inside and...
  2. Golfs everyday

Red stripe light on driver door sill stopped working

Yeah, those LED's should basically last the life of the car unless defective. I'd also start with your fuse. Thanks for reminding me that I need to check the flicking LED bulb in my powder room.. LED's are cheap these days but some have a very short life.
  3. Golfs everyday

Best product to eliminate swirls on Black GTD?

I've tried many different products and I've basically landed to some basic products. It's funny how things work out. For polish, unless really deep swirls, I use off the shelf Meguiar's ScratchX. I have different systems but for a real simple solution, I suggest checking out Griot's random...
  4. Golfs everyday

Best product to eliminate swirls on Black GTD?

When I had my black MK7 GTI, I realized how soft the paint was compared to other black cars I've owned in the past. It is possible that you polished away the original swirls you saw, but induced new swirls from the pad or towel you used while wiping off the product from the paint. I used a...
  5. Golfs everyday

Forgot to mention while swapping the wheels, I checked the iSweep wear indicator harness to see why my car was throwing the 'Check Brake Pads!' error. Pretty stupid, the harness got undone. I pushed the harness back into the receptacle by hand, felt snug but the harness was not fully locked...
  6. Golfs everyday

What did you do to your mk7 today?

^ Nice clean finish. For me, finally got some fresh gas in my Golf-R this morning, added Stabil360 again to maximize shelf life. Also cleaned her up real nice inside and out.
  7. Golfs everyday

Yeah, here is a link. I talk about other stuff too as it's kind of an OT journal.. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/golfs-everyday-with-ot-journal.360643/page-7
  8. Golfs everyday

Another angle from last night. For those that asked, I am running 10mm spacers on the rear. I tried 15mm, but they poked a bit at factory height, so stuck with 10mm for a clean finish. 19x8.5" ET48 BBS CH-R Front 30mm shank conical bolts (I bought black lug bolts) Rear 40mm shank conical...
  9. Golfs everyday

I Predict a Parts Shortage

Makes sense with lower demand popular parts may not be leaving the shelves as quickly.
  10. Golfs everyday

Corolla Hatchback

I've seen the hatchback and it has some Lexus cues. I would not be interested in buying one, but it's good to know they have MT variants of that hatch (I think I read). Toyota is releasing a GR (?) version in the coming years..? They also have an upcoming Yaris hot hatch version for other...
  11. Golfs everyday

Oh, it's in my journal. Thanks.
  12. Golfs everyday

Finally got the longer conical black lugs I needed to run spacers on my new wheels and finished the project today.
  13. Golfs everyday

Got the correct lugs today so installed the rear spacers. Not a good picture, but you get the idea. Love this setup, now going to work on my other cars next week. Probably start with a new exhaust on the FiST.
  14. Golfs everyday

How to drive faster!

When you apply throttle you depress the gas pedal.. when you release the gas pedal you want to gently release in a controlled fashion in 1st which I call rolling off the throttle (or roll off). This controls the flywheel from flinging up in RPM when you clutch-in. You tame down the flywheel's...
  15. Golfs everyday

Power Liftgate mod recommendation ?

I tend to toss my brief on the driver side rear seat in my car when heading to work. I don't mind having the powered gate if I was putting my bag in the truck because I hate it when my dress shirt pulls up even a little when I reach for the gate.