GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GolfPilot

1. GolfPilot

Steering Wheel Airbag Part Numbers

Does anyone have any information on the difference between the part numbers on the airbag unit mounted in the steering wheel. I want to know if I can replace mine with any part number. Thanks, GP
  2. GolfPilot

Car equipment list.

Hi, I'm looking for a VW website I have used in the past that decodes your vehicle's VIN and tells you what equipment is fitted to the car. I don't know how I found it originally, but I ended up with a document with everything listed. Unfortunately I've lost it and now can't find the site again...
  3. GolfPilot

Key issue, non electronics related

Mine does that over time. Maybe a couple of times a year. I just tap it back in with a small hammer. GP
  4. GolfPilot

Mk7 Golf TDi Indicator Fault

Try checking the earth connection on the right hand indicator. Earth faults can produce some wild symptoms! GP
  5. GolfPilot

Glovebox woes...

Today I removed my glovebox (RHD) in order to try and fit some footwell lights. After refitting the glovebox I noticed that the door was no longer damped as it opened, but fell like a brick! I later found a cog gear/wheel under the passenger seat which I assume is used to control the drop of...
  6. GolfPilot

Glovebox removal RHD models.

Has anyone tackled the removal of the glovebox on the Right Hand Drive models? I have to access the BCM to fit footwell lights and apparently I have to remove the glovebox in order to get access to Plug C to fit the cable. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this, and any tips to...
  7. GolfPilot

Where is my BCM?

I want to install footwell lighting to the front of my UK (RHD) Golf. I can't seem to find anywhere to give me a definitive answer on where the BCM lives! Does anyone know how to find it? Also, does anyone know where the earth points are on the driver and passenger sides? Are they easily...
  8. GolfPilot

Rear Hatch Trim Removal

Anyone got any info on removal of the interior trim on the rear hatch? Nothing showing up on a search. Want to know how to get to rear of camera and hatch release catch. GP
  9. GolfPilot

LED Daytime Running Lights

I bought a set of LEDs to replace the halogen DRLs on my Golf VII before I took delivery. I didn't know at the time but my car is fitted with the U-shaped LED daytime running lights and also the LED sidelights. I therefore have a set of LEDs which are of no use to me and I can't return them...
  10. GolfPilot

MIB I, MIB II Nav differences.

Anyone know the differences between the navigation data on the MIB I and MIB II systems? Looking at the update site, the MIB I updates are 5.8GB in size, and the MIB II are 14.2GB. This would imply there are some big differences in the map data. Anyone noticed any? GP
  11. GolfPilot

Dynamic Curve Lighting.

Happy New Year all! Does anyone know if all Bi-Xenons on the Golf come with Dynamic Curve Lighting? I have a Match Edition on order, build week next week, on which I ordered the Bi-Xenons. In the price list at the time, dated 11th November, the Bi-Xenon option is £820 which states Dynamic...
  12. GolfPilot

Deposit Contribution.

Is anyone sure of where the deposit contribution comes from if you take out the Solutions finance? I have always assumed it was from VW, but overheard a salesman telling a potential customer that it was from them (the dealer) so they had to keep the finance for 6 months. I reckon that's a porky...
  13. GolfPilot

May 15 maps ready to download.

As the subject line says! Let the fun begin!! ;) GP