GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by golfare

1. golfare

What is this sound? Broken spark plug electrode - clicks intermittently - need help

Here's an update. A fellow MK7R owner with RS7 plugs who ran them past their service interval had the same problem as me. He experienced the same intermittent clicking sound as I did. His boroscope inspections of the cylinder walls also checked out fine and so did his compression test. He...
  2. golfare

What is this sound? Broken spark plug electrode - clicks intermittently - need help

I haven't found anything. VW said I would need a new engine, but there is no scoring on the cylinder walls, and it seems to be running normal, turbo is perfect, so I took it back from them. I'm too afraid to put it under boost or drive it at all currently since I'm out of free tows from AAA. So...
  3. golfare

Removed the PCV Valve to inspect some of the valvetrain. Nothing obvious seen with the boroscope.
  4. golfare

Help, spark plug tip broke inside cylinder.

NGK for me. RS7 plug upgrade. Got it from ECS.
  5. golfare

I had the same sound. But mine is intermittent. Comes and goes. Not using the car right now, it is sitting in the garage waiting for me to deal with the problem. Upon start, no noise. Boroscope cylinder check, leakdown and compression check ALL passed. No scoring. Could only make the noise...
  6. golfare

Details about my car mods first: 2016 6MT Golf R, APR Stage 2 high torque, CTS high flow catted DP, APR intake, APR coils, RS7 plugs, Southbend Stage 2 daily clutch, stock intercooler. 61k miles, no carbon cleaning yet, plugs were at 12k miles. The electrode from spark plug in Cyl 3 broke off...
  7. golfare

It's been a few months now and I'd like to hear how this works out for you. I have a very similar situation. Spark plug electrode broke off in Cyl 3, couldn't find the electrode, got misfire codes even after new plugs were installed. Car ran perfect after new plugs were installed until I gave it...
  8. golfare

EBAY Front Bumper Lip

do not buy that if you like to go over 130 mph
  9. golfare

4th Gear Lag - APR Stage II MK7R

90% sure it is any time I go from 3 -> 4. I haven't noticed the ambient temperature playing a factor. I got my car tuned back in June. So I've seen this problem in temperature ranges from 50F-90F. I'll keep a closer eye on that.
  10. golfare

Golfare’s 2016 Golf R 6MT Lapiz Blue

Do not buy the splitter/lip shown above if you like to drive fast. I bought two; the first broke on the highway using the screws they provide after running it for several months. I liked the way it looked so I ordered another and waited 2+ months. The screws were upgraded to #14 SS screws with...
  11. golfare

APR support just asked me the same thing. I will try. Going to try to bust out the gopro this weekend and get footage.
  12. golfare

That sounds like it could be the case. Thanks for the suggestion.
  13. golfare

Going to try to explain the issue I'm having after flashing APR Stage 2 tune on my MK7R 6MT after my tuner said they could no longer support me: -1st-3rd gear shifts and launches work great, car pulls hard, I'm happy. -Upon entering 4th gear after a redline shift out of third gear, the turbo...