GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by geokilla

1. G

Thanks For The Memories

330i is the 4 cylinder.
  2. G

How do you guys feel about MK7 stage 2 Unitronic?

I'm just upset at how IE calibrated the DQ250 and why I would never recommend them. My friends recommended IE to me at the time. For whatever reason, IE's DQ380/DQ381 tune is calibrated much better for both upshifts and downshifts and IE refuses to fix it. To call themselves a performance tuner...
  3. G

Wow I didn't know Unitronic offered that. That's pretty sick. I imagine I have to buy their cable and flash it myself vs doing it at a shop to take advantage of that feature?
  4. G

You mean manual mode? Or Unitronic's DSG tune? Because IE's shift table sucks on both upshifts and downshifts. They think the transmission not downshifting at 1500RPM under half throttle is acceptable.
  5. G

In process: Alibaba GTI build

I consider the MK7 GTI to have a nicer interior than the A3, even though the Audi may have nicer materials and seats. I don't like the A3's centre stack and its stuck on touch screen. So for me, keep the GTI.
  6. G

Sounds like a great DSG tune for my kind of driving. Maybe it's time to switch from IE to Unitronic since IE refuses to fix their DSG tune for the DQ250.
  7. G

Charle's DAZA is so sus.
  8. G

200tw tires for Track use

I don't know much about the drama surrounding Vitour but in Toronto, the Vitour Tempesta Enzo were probably the most popular 200TW tires before the Falken RT660 came along. In our track days, at least half of the cars attending were on Vitour because they're cheap and overall better than the...
  9. G

How much would it cost a shop to do a complete engine swap? $3k labour? I assume it'd take them 3 days?
  10. G

Does AliExpress or Alibaba sell a DAZA engine for cheap? Poor Charles could've picked something up instead of a stage 2 DAZA with 70k miles.
  11. G

K&N filters opinions

If you want more air, why not just remove the snow grate? I remove mine when I go to the track since tests have shown it increase air flow as there's less restrictions. It increases intake noise a little bit too.
  12. G

Motul DCTF for VAQ Differential?

I understand stock fluid is the VAG DSG fluid or Pentosin FL-2. Since Motul DCTF is compatible with our DSG transmissions, can I use it for the VAQ differential as well?
  13. G

Plastic oil pan took a hit

I considered changing to a metal oil pan but instead did the extended under engine skid tray which should provide adequate protection for the oil pan.
  14. G

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

New maps for MST2 would be nice. I went to Peek'n Peak Ski Resort over the long weekend and the GPS took me to the middle of nowhere despite typing in the address as per the resort website. Don't know how VW maps can so wrong compared to Google Maps.
  15. G

Which coil overs are best for my situation

Yes that's pretty stupid too by IE. I asked them to update the tune and they said they won't. Does the APR DSG tune hold gears just as long before automatically upshifting?