GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gboticus

1. gboticus

Esso Supreme+ 93

That will be very interesting to test it here in BC if it ever makes its way here
  2. gboticus

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Used my VADPro to diagnose a failing thermostat on the R. Fuck what a bitch this is going to be to replace.
  3. gboticus

Gbot's 19R 2.5VRT Build

Test fit the upgraded brake system. It's a thing of beauty. 380mm 6 pot. Quick change pads titanium capped pistons and 18mm of pad material. The calipers are so light for their size too. They custom made a bracket and milled the caliper so it could fit my 18" wheel and it's hella tight.
  4. gboticus

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Should have also engraved the # of ugga duggas for torque on em too at this level eh?
  5. gboticus

Gbot's 19R 2.5VRT Build

Photographer from the event last Monday caught me not long after things settled down walking the pits. That look lol.
  6. gboticus

Official Oryx White Pearl Golf R Thread

Getting up on two wheels
  7. gboticus

Gbot's 19R 2.5VRT Build

Good thing I’ve specced out a new set of HRE I want. A lot of the closure around this and finger pointing will come down to the failure investigation done by Baer. I don’t rake people over the coals just because I am mad at something. The result of the investigation will determine where all this...
  8. gboticus

Got it back from HPA after the bakes completely failed and caught fire this Monday. Deets in the build thread, but good news! There’s no permanent damage.
  9. gboticus

Gbot's 19R 2.5VRT Build

Hey so go I want to preface this message by saying that both HPA and Baer (the BBK manufacturer) have been excellent through this whole ordeal. HPA paid for my tow and Baer is covering the investigation and gave me a fresh set of calipers to use in the meantime. It was an emotional week but...
  10. gboticus

Gbot's 19R 2.5VRT Build

I'd take a Geisha or 4. Yummy. I'll keep you guys all updated as things progress.
  11. gboticus

Gbot's 19R 2.5VRT Build

Yep I agree. But is the blame on the rebuilder or did they fail for some other reason. Correlation is super strong here but data will ultimately decide where the finger gets pointed to. In that vein, HPA sent me an update and Baer is getting directly involved to understand the nature of the...
  12. gboticus

Bahahha, love it.
  13. gboticus

Since there was brake fluid all over the calipers and rotors if it's hotter than its flash point the fluid will catch fire. The drivers side caliper did not catch fire since there was no fluid. I was not able to execute an appropriate cooldown lap to get the brakes cooler than the flashpoint of...
  14. gboticus

Gbot's 19R 2.5VRT Build

I am reserving final judgement until the root cause is identified but yes. My confidence in Baer brakes is deeply, deeply shaken.