GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gboticus

1. gboticus

Aerofabb Competition Series Wing/Diffuser

I'll be grabbing the rear splitter/diffuser but as much as I love high-G corners I can't will myself to go in on a spoiler.
  2. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

Headed out to HPA to do some baseline data today. Never really played with launch control, and ever did a dragy run before. Did about three runs, with 12.24 being the fastest of the day. I feel there's room for improvement on the launch and setup I have (could have deflated tires a bit...
  3. gboticus

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

Yeah we're really getting into the exciting part of the MK7 lifecycle. There are a few shops now dropping hints at the 2.5VRT from China now, and even a video of it running floating around. The next few weeks are going to be awesome! DAZA I5, VR6Ts, all of it!
  4. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

More and more track days! Racingline catch can is doing its job now and no more clouds of smoke at high G turns! Did another A27 and VIMC day the past few weeks with one more VIMC day in Sept. Tire wear on my PS4S is a big issue this year and looks like I'll be getting a dedicated set of 200tw...
  5. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

Oil temps were getting crazy at Area 27 (mid 130C), and was getting lots of oil puked out the PCV into the turbo and making big clouds of smoke especially at turn 12. I have an oil cooler solution in the works, but in the interim it's time for a catch can and some top tier racing oil for the...
  6. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

2 more photos (trouble uploading them)
  7. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

Just got photos back from the track day. They turned out amazing!
  8. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

Track day was a great success but was extremely hot and had to really pace myself and add some cooldown laps to keep the oil temperatures sub-130C. I'm going to be looking into a dedicated oil cooling setup to complement the CSF radiator upgrades. I am also going to be changing my oil to Motul...
  9. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

A bit of a drama filled day today. I have a track day at Area 27 this coming Friday, and have my 18" wheels with PS4S from my GTI I was planning on using. So I swapped them onto the R Sunday afternoon, but joke's on me, the rear brake caliper rubs the inside of the drum with the bigger rotor +...
  10. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

Yeah I saw that. Really happy to see people starting to swap the RS3 engines into these platforms. I love the I5 sound, and VR6 more :)
  11. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

H22A VTEC sleeved and boosted :ROFLMAO: just to buck the trend. I did really love those old Hondas.
  12. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

I keep a pretty low profile in social media so no, no instagram for me. Though I imagine there will be lots of folks asking questions and maybe I'll make a dedicated acct for the build then.
  13. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

Hoping that they announce some details "soon". I know that's really not a great answer but all I got atm.
  14. gboticus

Gbot's 19R Build

Yep, they took that photo in January and been waiting for the right time to start the hype train :)
  15. gboticus

Vancouver Chat Thread

I'm planning to be there! Mark Hansford also created an enthusiast event on July 3 at Cowell VW (https://fb.me/e/dQ41DoYON)