GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Garynovis

1. G

Clock / time update

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have either. Had a play, even threw in my man-card and checked the manual which says the option for GPS setting of the time should be there, but nothing I can do makes it appear ☹️
  2. G

Clock / time update

Yeah, every time it changes I have to manually update, I have just changed the car battery and need to set the clock so that's what made me think it should be easier (as it is on every other car I know)
  3. G

Clock / time update

Thanks, I will have a play and see if some 'unlocks' the option
  4. G

Clock / time update

Thanks, when I go in to set up I get the following options
  5. G

Clock / time update

I have 2015 UK GTi, is there any way to get the clock to update automatically? I can only set it manually, and when we switch to daylight saving etc I have to manually update Is there an option is the settings I can't find, or a software update to enable this, seems odd to me to not be...
  6. G

Ancel VD500 functions???

Ah right, thank you. I was hoping it was something fancier, but it did the job I bought it for and hopefully I don't ever need to use it for anything else 👍
  7. G

Ancel VD500 functions???

Pages of the stuff, but I think from clicking on a few it is just diagnosis stuff, nothing can be changed
  8. G

Ancel VD500 functions???

I have done a brake pad change using the Ancel VD500 which it worked perfectly for I see that when plugged in to the car loads of VAG specific functions come up, does anyone know what all of these do? I looked in the manual but it is very basic so doesn't say, I would rather not click away on...
  9. G

slider on rear air vent

My son has managed to knock the slider off the rear air vents (between the two front seats) I have the part, but it looks like it clips on to a secondary part which I can see loose in the vent any idea how this all goes back together? thanks in advance
  10. G

recall UK - Parking brake module

Just booked my car in for it's service and VW said there was a warranty recall on the Electronic Parking Brake module, wasn't a safety issue which is why I hadn't heard apparently... It was issued in May Car is a 2015 model GTi PP, just thought I would let others know in case you weren't...
  11. G

Spark plugs /Air Filter condition @ 20k miles?

Surprised after getting my 2nd service yesterday that VW UK don't change the spark plugs / air filter until 40,000 miles. (They then must put a substandard part in as the replacements need changing after 20,000 miles....) For the price of an air filter I will be changing that myself no...
  12. G

iphone read text/sms like Cortana

Can the iphone, when paired to the car, read out text messages (SMS) etc like Cortana does on the windows phone My windows phone integrates great with the car, where as my wife's iPhone doesn't, just wondering if there is some additional setting I need to do? thanks Gary
  13. G

Screen gone blank

Hi there, not sure if it went blank after I started the car or was always blank, ie did the VW logo come up and then it went blank or if nothing came up when I turned on the ignition, but I noticed on the way home tonight that the main infotainment screen was completely blank. The touch...
  14. G

Switch E handbrake off

Washed the car over weekend and this time the rear pads were stuck to discs when I pulled away yesterday morning. This happened a lot in my last car due to the pads I used so I would just leave the handbrake off in the garage and the car in gear. Couldn't work out how to do this in the Golf...