GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by fuelboss

1. fuelboss

What is this humming noise? Super annoying

I am not familiar with an "S" in the UK. Was that a 1.6 TSI or 1.6 GT as we knew it over here?
  2. fuelboss

What is the actual model of your vehicle?
  3. fuelboss

I went through this a few years ago, sound deadening, changing dampers that rattled, fitting different tyres etc. Fitted the subframe damper and I guess it made some difference but not enough to really satisfy me, as the overall cabin humming/droning noise was ever present. The only cure for me...
  4. fuelboss

MK7.5 GTI with hollow /ringing sound even at very low speed

I did get it resolved and that was by buying one of the later model MK7.5 GTI. I was fortunate to find one, just by chance, that had covered 7000miles only. The car has the 7-speed DSG which is far superior to the 6-speed. It also has DCC which in my view is worth every penny plus it is the...
  5. fuelboss

An oldie from the UK

An oldie from the UK
  6. fuelboss

Is DCC worth for ultimate road comfort?

Eight Years and 3 GTI's later Since 2014 with first a GTI PP with DSG. Car was great after sorting out the very frustrating rear shock absorber issues that plagued many owners. 2018 on an early 2018 standard 7.5 GTI with 6-speed DSG. Not impressed at all. Gearbox and engine noise, irritating...
  7. fuelboss

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

Having written so much on the subject of "rolling log" noise that was all down to rear shock absorbers going back to 2014 plus excessive cabin noise resulting in the fitting of sound insulation, changing tire makes and the fitting of the subframe damper I now have complete satisfaction, after...
  8. fuelboss

Hello Keith, I received a message from you today but I tried to reply but it said the...

Hello Keith, I received a message from you today but I tried to reply but it said the conversation was closed. You can always email me at richard@fuelboss.co.uk
  9. fuelboss

If you were buying again DSG or MT

DSG every time. Manual control if you like is just a flick of a switch. In stop-start traffic do you really want to be feathering a clutch!
  10. fuelboss

Has anyone tried these Koni Active Shock Absorbers?

Yes that is the part number. 2.5 years since fitting these and no problems. I just wonder what the MK8 is like and whether VW finally got to grips with the rattling rear chock absorbers!
  11. fuelboss

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

Good news, I am pleased to read you are benefitting from your efforts. Since I did very much the same I am extremely pleased with the outcome, and each time I use the car I realise what a difference it has made to my driving experience, and the fact that I no longer keep complaining...
  12. fuelboss

Hello, I just used 1 mat under the back seat and one in the boot. Today for the first time in quite a long time I had a 30 mile trip to Bristol along rural and the A4 roads. The mat may not look pretty in the boot but then who sees it! On the way back from Bristol I went up the M4 and down the...
  13. fuelboss

Here is the link I see its out of stock at Amazon UK and at DoDo Mat UK but they may have an alternative or perhaps are waiting on new stock. With the dynamat already fitted and now adding the thick dodomat it was a bit tight clipping the seat back in position but by carefully cutting the mat...
  14. fuelboss

In my case with a 2018 MK7.5GTI it really did make a noticeable difference. My wife was unaware I had fitted the damper and on a run a a few days later she made a comment that the car sounded quieter as she had always been critical of the cabin noise. The transition from one surface to another...
  15. fuelboss

Brake fluid contamination

Yes a good point regarding ABS pump. I will get it booked in. Many thanks.