GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by FriskyDingo

1. F

Talk me out of leaving VW

I mean, they are nice trucks, but no way could I justify trading a GTI for one to use what- a handful of times a year?? My suggestion would be what others have already said- keep the GTI, and buy an old truck for bad weather and work duties. I wouldn't be afraid of a 130-150K Tacoma. Great...
  2. F

What are you drinking?

I can deal with a decent amount of smoke, as I love mezcal, but I have had one or two that, though they didn't turn me away, were a little on the intense side from what I was told by my drinking partners at the time. So basically anything that's not on that end of the spectrum. I wish I could...
  3. F

What car does your partner drive?

Just bought a new 17 Passat SE w/ Tech 2 days ago to replace her 100K mile Rav4.
  4. F

What are you drinking?

I want to buy a good Islay that won't break the bank- $70-80?- and it is maybe just a bit on the milder side compared to some other Islays. Any recommendations?
  5. F

What are you drinking?

I've tried and tried and tried to get into beer, and I just can't do it. :(
  6. F

What are you drinking?

Casamigos was good a few years back. Pretty much everyone agrees that they are now using additives to alter their flavor profile. I, for one, am not a fan. In general, any time a brand is started or heavily endorsed by a celebrity, it's authenticity and quality should be highly suspect. Too...
  7. F

What are you drinking?

Well, they were already bland, overprocessed tequilas in the first place, I imagine the quality will go down from here.
  8. F

if you could own any car besides your mk7...

The GT4 is amazing. I sold one of the 2 we've had in the last year. That was a fantastic car to drive. Fast, but not so much power you couldn't wring it out a little, and of course being manual made it very involving. TT RS was a little bit of a letdown (for the price, and for a sports car), but...
  9. F

We have in the past. In front of me as I type are a 911 GT3, GT3 RS, Ferrari California, 911 Turbo Cab, and AMG GTS. Haven't driven the Huracan, but I've driven Gallardos, and others of the Huracan's ilk. Some are great, some aren't as enjoyable to drive as you'd think. Even after driving...
  10. F

Not offended at all, and didn't mean for it to come off like that. I just think that's an easy answer not grounded in reality. Huracans and the like are awesome, but not really a suitable replacement for a Golf. I was trying to put some thought into it and pick something semi-reasonable. For...
  11. F

What are you drinking?

I just bought a bottle of (now discontinued) Corazon reposado that was aged for 10.5 months in previous Buffalo Trace barrels. It's fantastic stuff. It was part of a limited run they did called Expresiones that also included George T. Stagg, Sazerac Rye, and Old Rip Van Winkle anejos. Any...
  12. F

Kinda anodyne to be honest. And that's coming from a diehard Porsche fan. A .1 GTS 7MT is a far more enjoyable car, though slower.
  13. F

I'm not sure I get the supercar picks. I don't think that was the point of the thread, but even so, most are an absolute chore to drive. I work at a dealer that carries them, and have driven them. They look cool, and the performance is staggering, but they're unusable, and in many cases...
  14. F

Cost no object, and to fill the same role- new RS4 Avant hands down. I wouldn't anything more hardcore or compromised than that for daily use, and wouldn't want anything nicer to haul my kids in. Being realistic, and with my own money, I'd have an Alltrack instead of my GTI. Or taking Mk7's...
  15. F

What are you drinking?

Where are you located? Finding a bar with a good tequila selection is very helpful in allowing you refine your palate and figure out the flavor profiles you like most. As you said, it is much cheaper than buying a bottle, and it gives you a chance to taste many back-to-back. Good Mexican...