GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Fried_Soap

1. Fried_Soap

[Delete]

Man, if only I wasn't so far away -- I've got two heated, power-recline, black leatherette seats (with hardly any bolstering) from my Golf that I really need to get rid of, but shipping them from San Diego to Knoxville would probably cost way too much. :cry: Maybe there's someone else on the...
  2. Fried_Soap

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Finally received my airbag from Portugal today and was horrified by the state of its packaging..... Not one ounce of packing foam, bubble wrap, or anything of the sort. Literally just a wrinkled cardboard box with a plastic bag inside it. You'd think they'd give more care to packing a literal...
  3. Fried_Soap

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Converted my new MIB2 -> MIB2.5 in a somewhat complicated way, almost similar to how the MRRevo14f radar SWaP code trick works, with the whole dev firmware thing. (No dev firmware here though) Started from latest MHI2_US train with all the APG lockdown crap on it, flashed latest EU firmware over...
  4. Fried_Soap

Adaptive Lane Tracking (I Did Not Try the Early Intervention Option)

It's definitely the stock power steering motor doing the work on mine -- with the 2Q0 camera I have, it'll steer impressively hard at 80mph, given the lines are drawn properly 😜 Although occasionally it doesn't steer soon enough, gets slightly over the lines, and then gives up (which would send...
  5. Fried_Soap

Adaptive Lane Tracking (I Did Not Try the Early Intervention Option)

2016 R is pre-facelift so it should be a 5Q0980653(letter variant unknown) camera. I don't think there are special 60s+ datasets for those cameras but I could be wrong. But wtf it actually uses the brakes for lane assist? That seems insane, how were you able to tell?
  6. Fried_Soap

Threw in the MHI2 unit I bought from @Nuje, and after shaving one of the connectors + making a few coding changes (had no sound until I changed the amp from "external-MOST" to "internal-individual"), everything worked flawlessly. Essentially plug-and-play! Tomorrow I'll get a couple SD cards...
  7. Fried_Soap

Two days later, the Atlas steering wheel I ordered arrived. The special Passat B8.5 airbag I ordered from Portugal looks to be arriving tomorrow, and the 6-pin wiring harness to replace that airbag's 5-pin one (thanks VW for not selling the 6-pin connector individually :rolleyes:) is ready for...
  8. Fried_Soap

Ordered a heated clockspring from Hungary for a MK8-style heated steering wheel retrofit and it just arrived, with some Hungarian newspaper as packaging 😀 Still waiting on the damn steering wheel to arrive from New York, which I ordered at the same time as the clockspring from Hungary... 🙃
  9. Fried_Soap

Lots o' Mk7 Retrofit stuff

According to ETKA mine should be a 5Q0035456 (which has been superseded by the 456A) so sounds like it'd be fine. :) edit: lol nope I'm an idiot and don't have an amp in the first place; the MIB2 unit uses its own internal amp... Was there any specific reason for not using this unit yourself?
  10. Fried_Soap

Lots o' Mk7 Retrofit stuff

This MIB2 Discover Pro unit would just need the 2.5 firmware for the 9.2" screen to work, right? edit: yes I can't seem find a clear answer on what the difference between NAR and EU firmware would be here. But I assume it's possible to flash the unit between regions if needed? I'm guessing...
  11. Fried_Soap

Service recommendations in San Diego area?

I'd recommend Pure Motorsports in Miramar -- they're very knowledgeable about VW/Audi vehicles and I've had nothing but great experiences there. I don't care much for the dealers here (or anywhere, to be fair lol). I learned not to trust the parts depts after they managed to give me the wrong...
  12. Fried_Soap

ACC not working after swap, CP activation, and FeC/Swap codes

If you know the calibration is good, you can manually set the misalignment angles to 0 and it'll shut up about the alignment and dynamically recalculate them as you drive. From there, I'd guess some kind of coding or adaptation issue in either 01 or 13? It's a shame it won't show you the details...
  13. Fried_Soap

IS20 Instalation Guide (1.8t)

I think I've found the part you're describing. If you want to check other parts, try this site, click "CarProg2", and navigate to this section: Anyway, here's what I found:
  14. Fried_Soap

The shape is definitely less than ideal :ROFLMAO: I'm moving to Seattle in a few months with about a 5'x8' U-haul trailer worth of stuff. At least that's the plan--and the original reason for purchasing the hitch. In a couple weeks I'll test it out helping move a friend's furniture across...
  15. Fried_Soap

Finally got around to installing the Curt hitch w/ euro ball mount. Took about an hour and a half by myself on Rhino ramps. It might be time for me to invest in a beefier torque wrench though, as I only had the strength to tighten the bolts to ~90 ft/lbs out of the spec'd 110 while lying at such...