GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by frankie7

1. frankie7

2016 USA/Canada MIB2 Navigation Question

I retrofitted 3Q0 035 876 (latest 0613 MU version) 2016 MIB2 Delphi unit in to my 2015 and I am having trouble getting Navigation to work. Unit came without SD card so after some digging online I found out that 3G0 919 866 R (North America V2) is the correct map card for that unit. Everything...
  2. frankie7

Possible (?) MIB2 DIY retrofit (including CP bypass and Fec's enabling)

Those Sport monitors are not very good in terms of decent refresh rate. You are better off going with COBB or other OBD II diag/ tuning tool in my opinion. Update: There is something I came across on Telegram group which mentions some serious advances utilizing the Harman MIB2 unit. Look up on...
  3. frankie7

Possible (?) MIB2 DIY retrofit (including CP bypass and Fec's enabling)

Re: #1 It runs on QNX which is Developed by Blackberry. You can apply for an Educational License if you want to mock around in the system itself but it's quite simple and you only need standard mount/cp/mv/rm commands to achieve what needs to be done to patch a Delphi. Re: #2. You can try...
  4. frankie7

MIB 2 Part numbers and differences

Delphis are super easy to hack !
  5. frankie7

Nav version?

Go to: https://parts.vw.com You can enter NAV card part number for example: 3G0919866R and check the "Vehicle fitment" Some trial and error and you will find the SD card that works with your car. Just make sure it's correct Region !
  6. frankie7

Retrofit SatNav Antenna (& SD card query) Recommendations

A good resource by Mateusz: http://wiki.mr-fix.info/index.php?title=MIB2#FEC_.2F_SWaP_Codes
  7. frankie7

That's Steven-Strange ! Did you check the SWaP/Fec codes from "available" list if they all are also inside "installed codes" list ? Maybe one of them is missing. It all looks to be coding problem then. Join the VAG-MIB2 group on Telegram and search the group chat. If no results then ask there.
  8. frankie7

Apple Maps (I assume you are talking about CarPlay here) uses GPS from your phone not from the car (y) It's possible your car antenna isn't working properly or more VCDS/ODIS/ OBD11 coding required.