GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by flipflp

1. flipflp

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Turn off your radio, roll the windows down and drive next to a solid wall and listen for squeaks haha You can also see shiny/glazed rings on the rotor where it's constantly touching. Mine is towards the outside.
  2. flipflp

I hope to do the same this weekend. Such a bummer too. They are local and I drove a bit to get them ASAP for the install.
  3. flipflp

No you're good, I'm probably giving the dust seal more credit for piston retraction than it deserves. You had said if it didn't fit well it could be hanging, but the seal is loose in the housing so if anything it's just not doing it's job sealing.
  4. flipflp

They fit the piston great, but didn't fit as snug in the caliper as the factory parts so that could be contributing to them not retracting. The seal isn't tugging back on the piston at all if the seal is just floating.
  5. flipflp

No valves. I've got a few track days, pad swaps and many street miles on the calipers and this squeak started about a month ago. I'm not going to do this scientifically to see what fixes it, but I am going to: Pack in RRG Swap back to the original dust seals (I have the RB ones now and they...
  6. flipflp

Sounds like the same thing, I'm so tired of it haha.
  7. flipflp

I'm hoping that RRG and lubing up pins stops my dragging issue too. My brakes feel great but the driver side is dragging on one little section of the rotor and glazing it pretty badly. That first cold stop of the day is LOUD.
  8. flipflp

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

That's a broad question. Any sizes you're needing? That would probably help your question :)
  9. flipflp

Between these calipers and a 2 piece rotor that's about 12-13lbs of unsprung weight lost PER CORNER for under $2k. Not a bad way to up-spec our cars with mostly OEM parts. You could swap a 2 piece floating rotor for a clubsport S rotor set at ~$600 and still save a couple pounds, but then...
  10. flipflp

2-piece floating and 7lbs lighter than either of the solid options you listed. Might not be completely in the spirit of this upgrade (pushing the costs closer and closer to a true BBK) but it's nice to see a trusted brand give some love to this niche mod.
  11. flipflp

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

Jerry... I have added a 300 watt mono amp for the sub but I'm not sure if I would want to reamp an already reamped signal. I feel like if you're wanting to go that far, you should start with a different DSP that has line level outputs.
  12. flipflp

https://neuspeed.com/products/neuspeed-2-piece-brake-rotor-kit-front-345mm-9941lr https://neuspeed.com/products/neuspeed-macan-brake-upgrade-kit?_pos=1&_sid=96aaf655a&_ss=r Well, that's happened. This brake upgrade is famous now!
  13. flipflp

That sucks. I can't say I've had the exact opposite experience but I've used my Track Day pads on 3 different events and even some street driving and they felt similar to my DS2500 pads but without the pad residue/buildup issue those had that caused all sorts of vibration on braking. No fade...
  14. flipflp

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

AWE is saying something like 6-8 weeks. I've had the CTS for a bit and I'm looking for a change. If that time frame works for you shoot me a DM, otherwise I'll list the exhaust locally once it's off the car.
  15. flipflp

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

How ASAP is ASAP? Im going to be replacing my CTS soon but I've got weeks to wait for AWE.