GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by flipflp

1. flipflp

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

If you're not going to push a Vortex turbo, I recommend some corn in your IS38's diet: Pretty much the same output (within 20hp) as a Vortex on 91 octane with less top end. No fueling upgrades required, just an OTS stage 2 blend tune and hardware (DP/IC). This is their non-MPI Vortex (non-XL...
  2. flipflp

Hoon's DIYish Engine Build Thread

I guess just bad history with VWs and batteries, but your experience is promising. My old CC ate 3 batteries in 3 years and that car was driven daily. I'm already on my second in the R in 4 years which is better, but at $150 a battery, not $600. Maybe I'm just using my cheapness as an excuse...
  3. flipflp

Hoon's DIYish Engine Build Thread

Damn as much as I want a $600, 6lbs battery, I don't think I have the balls to daily drive that. I will definitely look at their lightweight AGM next though.
  4. flipflp

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

You and most folks that don't spend 10% of their cars value on a set of wheels. ;)
  5. flipflp

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Definitely per wheel.
  6. flipflp

Aftermarket Turbo Options

I don't see them stopping 2.5T support at any point. That put them on the map and unless new 5 cylinder models stop, that will probably continue to be their volume product. EA888 stuff on the other hand, probably 5% of the business that 5 cylinder kits see and there are too many hybrid...
  7. flipflp

Aftermarket Turbo Options

"It is the desire to play with 10 cylinders" So Hank wants to buy an IROZ R8 boys. Help him cash out! At this point, IROZ would sorta be wasting time building hybrid level or 800+ hp capable OTS turbo kits for this platform. You can get 600hp from bolt on hybrids, which is a happy spot for a...
  8. flipflp

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Don't get me wrong, this is all about personal preference. Before I had 19's on the Golf, I swore I'd never have 19's. I've had 4 sets of 18's on my car, and now a set of 19's. It's not as bad (again, for me) as I thought it would be. I did have 19s on a previous car (CC) but that car needed...
  9. flipflp

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

It took me owning a set of 19" wheels before I could see that it wasn't too big for the car. It also took the same for me to realize that FOR ME the ride quality differences aren't as big between an 18" and 19" wheel. Same tires on my set of 18" too, so it's a fair comparison.
  10. flipflp

FS: MK7 SuperPro Control Arms - $275

Yep, thats the spot. Call it Caster Alley.
  11. flipflp

alignment 11.2.19 by Jon Collier, on Flickr 8.4 / 8.2 but that's with Whiteline arms, I think they claim 2.5 degrees? Definitely causes fitment issues (tire to bumper/fender/liner at around 10 o'clock)
  12. flipflp

Unbolt dog bone, jack up motor/trans, pry bar motor forward for clearance. Not easy, but not drop the subframe bad. Unpleasant surprise if you didn't research it though.
  13. flipflp

Went Stage 2 with EQT, not performing as expected. Logs included.

Yes. I run the Ruths on my car on a UM stage 2 tune, no issues.