GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Firstgentalon

1. Firstgentalon

FS: Cargo Blocks (Free: NYC/Brooklyn)

Have a set of cargo blocks I've hardly ever used, basically new. Matt not included, just blocks. Giving them away for free if someone can pick them up in Brooklyn.
  2. Firstgentalon

FS: OEM Floor Mats (Wolfsburg Edition and basic)

Bumping these. Still have the unopened Wolfsburg Mojo matts. Moving and need to get rid of them. Will give them away for free if anyone wants to pick them up in Brooklyn :)
  3. Firstgentalon

Upgrade Brake Pads and Rotors

Wow, huge difference. Amazing, thank you!
  4. Firstgentalon

Upgrade Brake Pads and Rotors

Hey everyone, So I took my Golf to the dealer, and they suggested I need new rear brake pads, rotors, and rear wheel bearings. They're trying to charge $800 for the rear pad and rotor replacement and $1,100 for the rear wheel bearing. I'm assuming I can get these replaced for much cheaper...
  5. Firstgentalon

Bear Mountain Runs (Ongoing)

Oh snap, I’m in Carroll Gardens area too. Subbing for the next run/meet up!
  6. Firstgentalon

Alignment Failed question

Hey All, At the dealer, today and they performed a free alignment check. Given the specs, it looks pretty out of wack but wanted to run it by everyone since they were also pushing a bunch of other unnecessary suggestions for just extra money. For example, a coolant flush and spark plugs At 25k...
  7. Firstgentalon

Battery not charging /Generator fault

Hey All! Thanks for the help and replies. Ended up having it towed to the dealership (forgot I have AAA so it was free). The dealer ran diagnostics and determined the battery and alternator were totally fine. I guess after that, they inspected some more and realized the alternator belt was off...
  8. Firstgentalon

Ha yeah it starts for now. I can make it home with the hazards on but didn’t want to cause any damage. The dealer is also the other direction so wasn’t sure if I should just do that while I can.
  9. Firstgentalon

Hey Everyone, I’m in a bit of a bind and was wondering if anyone could help. Putting it in General for max visibility, hope that’s ok. Started the car this morning and got 20mins out when a big warning came on the dash that the battery isn’t being charged and to stop the car. So I did that and...
  10. Firstgentalon

MK7 Confessions

lmao seriously. I street park in NYC and after watching people bump into me the first week of owning the car I convinced myself I needed one of those bumper protection license plates. Can't say it's helped though, smh
  11. Firstgentalon

MK7 Confessions

Car came with tow hook license plate frame and I actually chose to take it off and drill holes in the front. Regretted it almost immediately.
  12. Firstgentalon

FS: 2017 OEM Halogen Headlights - $200 (AZ)

Selling my stock halogen headlights from my 2017 1.8 Golf. They work perfectly, only 20k miles on the car. Upgraded to Osrams and don't have the space to keep these, unfortunately. Essentially no visible scratches or marks. I've highlighted the only blemish I could find in the last photo. Not...
  13. Firstgentalon

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Very dumb but when does the warranty date start? For example, in my 5 yr powertrain, is it 5 years from the manufacture date on the door (July '17)? Or 5 years from when it was initially purchased (Aug/Sept '17)?