GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Father Seth

1. Father Seth

Another case of peeling sunroof trim clearcoat

I didn't tuck it in, I just carefully pulled it over the edges and cut.
  2. Father Seth

FS: 2015 Golf, IS20, 60k miles, SoCal

Another bump for future thread viewers.
  3. Father Seth

"Oil Sensor: Please Service"

Hey there. I think mine may have just been some sort of fluke or something, because I haven't gotten that notification on my car again. Mine was coming on and off pretty randomly at the time I made the post but it just stopped. I would recommend checking your oil level and look underneath the...
  4. Father Seth

Bumped and updated mileage since this is still a daily.
  5. Father Seth

SoCal Meets/Cruises

The meets I have are mostly in ACH or Ortega, but we premeet in Westminster or Huntington Beach. There just really arent many good roads in OC that arent either hot with cops or residential. I keep forgetting to throw them in this thread though unfortunately.
  6. Father Seth

Hello, Selling my turbo swapped 1.8t Golf. Pretty fun car, well taken car of. Selling because I'd like to move to an AWD platform instead. Info: IS20 Upgrade (Revision 06K145722L) APR IS20 w/DP tune CTS 3.5in Catless downpipe Injen Open Short Ram Intake BC Racing Coils w/ Swift springs; Custom...
  7. Father Seth

IS20 Jammed Wastegate?

That does indeed look like it should not be that way.
  8. Father Seth

What hobbies do you have

Ah yes, same here. I originally got this car (Base Golf 1.8t 6AT) as a commuter car when my last one was destroyed. I made the mistake of discovering this forum and got sucked into the tuner culture and now have spent more money on the car in the last year and a half than I thought I would spend...
  9. Father Seth

What hobbies do you have

My hobbies pretty much include canyon runs, videogames, and sitting outside with my dog. I like to keep things simple.
  10. Father Seth

Socal FS/ FT/ WTB Thread

Three things just for consideration: The first is that since you have a resonator on your DP, you wont be able to hear it as well because often times the drone on the inside is what makes people think their car is loud. Second is that if you want loud I'm sure you realize catless is going to be...
  11. Father Seth

IS20 Jammed Wastegate?

Shop told me the actuator was dead, which I was one of two things I thought it could be (Wastegate seized by corrosion or Actuator being fried). Ordering a new unit and having it replaced. Simple enough, but I'll still add an update if anything else comes up. Seems to be a done deal though. I...
  12. Father Seth

IS20 Jammed Wastegate?

Ahh okok. My car is getting to the shop this afternoon and I'll update this thread with whatever information they give me so maybe it can be used as another reference thread in the future.
  13. Father Seth

IS20 Jammed Wastegate?

How did you fix this? Did you just tighten a nut or did you have it adjusted at a shop?
  14. Father Seth

Anybody a video game junkie?

This game is so much fun on coop. I played through it with a buddy and whenever we started slowing down or getting a bit tired, we'd switch it up and just go hunt instead of fighting. They also have user created maps and games too which can also spice it up a bit.