GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Exley

1. E

APR Ultralink - At Home Flash Tuning is Here!

Yes I believe they are likely taking something was an issue on other ECUs and just standardizing it across all ECUs they support. Nothing wrong with that. I've read about this issue on some Bosch ECUs. I'm simply pointing out that Simos18 does not have a hard limit of 100, and I've yet to hear...
  2. E

APR Ultralink - At Home Flash Tuning is Here!

What? Friend DIY tuning and his Simos 18.x ECU is working fine at 286 cal flashes
  3. E

found performance gauges actually reading correct not absolute

This was part of my DIY tuning adventure and wouldn't have been possible without the help of lots of other people. I've since integrated the code with Switchleg's Switchpatch https://github.com/Switchleg1/BinToolz. It's not something I would recommend getting into just to change this one thing...
  4. E

found performance gauges actually reading correct not absolute

Yeah, I did it by patching the ECM though. Researched this quite a bit and patching the ECM or the MIB would be the only way
  5. E

Open source tuning solution

I developed my tune based on looking at logs from different tunes and JB4. You have to figure out how to get to the end result but it helps you have a baseline for what is safe for the turbo and motor
  6. E

HP Tuners DIY Tuning Solution

I started fighting knock with the stock timing maps as soon as I added boost and fuel. Based on my tuning so far I'd pull: about 4 degrees starting from 800 cylinder airmass and 3500 rpm in Port flap low VVL 0 in 0 ex 0. 4 degrees from 1050 airmass and higher from 2500 to 3500 rpm in Port flap...
  7. E

Why Do We Need a Boost Sensor at the Charge Pipe AND the Intake Manifold?

They are both pressure sensors. PUT is short for Pressure Upstream Throttle. I think the primary reason for this is to allow the ECU to use the throttle blade for boost control as well as the wastegate and blow off valve. To do this it needs to know both the pressure in the manifold and the...
  8. E

Just seeing this now. I'd echo what @Hoon and @aaronc7 said. HP Tuners is just a tool to modify the ECM, I would have a conversation with that tuner about how many other VW/Audi or MQB cars they have tuned. My guess is their experience would be more in the GM or Ford world. If you aren't looking...
  9. E

HP Tuners MPVI 2 and VCM Editor

I've got my car licensed and have been tuning it. What are your goals with the car / current mods? As Hoon said there isn't port injection support yet and some datalogging parameters are still missing. You also don't need pro features unless you want to bring in an external sensor. Cost is 4...
  10. E

That reminded me I haven't seen anything related to injection window either (SOI / EOI).
  11. E

Nope. I'd expect that to be under fuel system, but that page is blank for me.
  12. E

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

Thanks! This is awesome! Glad to share what I learn and contribute. Thank you for setting this up @joedubs
  13. E

Try the latest beta if you aren't running that already. You can download it right from here: https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/ If they still aren't there I would open a ticket.
  14. E

Nice! You just need some more cars. Started working on my car over the weekend. HP Tuners seems to follow other suites and does an initial flash that takes 15 - 20 minutes and recommends a battery charger (also set your laptop not to go to sleep :eek:). After this you can write only the...
  15. E

Max torque at clutch and IAT correction tables were added to my ECU ID today. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend! :cool: