GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by EXEA189

1. EXEA189

Leak Around The Camshaft Ladder Seal

This is the sealant VW makes for the leak.
  2. EXEA189

Garmin Dashcam 67w Install Thread

I bought mine from the garmin.com website; it was $19.99: $21.02 incl tax delivered-free shipping. Amazon sells it for $25 and various camera/electronic stores sell about the same price but were out of stock. When you install it, there's a notch that you orient at 12 o'clock. And instructions...
  3. EXEA189

What I did was I purchased the Constant Power Adapter which plugs into the OBD II port, and it has USB ports to connect the cam. The device detects if the battery drops below 12V and is supposed to then shut itself down and save the battery. I like what you did with your installation, but I...
  4. EXEA189

Shocker: California to Start Checking for ECU Tunes During Smog.

Pickups and SUVs are defined as “light-duty vehicles.” Since, as defined, these vehicles aren’t meant to carry humans, they’re subject to less stringent safety regulations that help ensure they can perform their farm and hauling duties. They’re also permitted to pollute more. It's how the...
  5. EXEA189

In Colorado, you pay for the test. And if you don't pass, you have to pay to fix what's wrong and test again.
  6. EXEA189

I don't think it's about how advanced engine systems are today, but more about air quality. Here in Colorado, we have days when air quality monitors detect high levels of ozone and they issue alerts like we did today. So we have emissions testing...
  7. EXEA189

What? Simply enable Parking Mode on the app. I live in the city and don’t have a garage.
  8. EXEA189

@swcrow Why did you choose not to have Parking Mode enabled? Also, I bought the polarizing filter for my Garmin Dash Cam. There isn't that much reflection off the dash top but it still made a difference - colors "pop" more. For those considering Garmin dash cams, I went with the 57 because it...
  9. EXEA189

Wow - This Anti-VW Video from Scotty Kilmer Jumped The Shark

Funny, how he can't stop talking about how much fun the car is to drive! :ROFLMAO: When he needs to numb out, he can go drive his Camry.
  10. EXEA189

Coolant pH - Coolant Flush at 40K Miles?

I had my 40K service done and the shop told me that while my coolant tested to -35ºF the pH was at 7. The shop guy advised a coolant flush saying that the coolant starts out as alkaline and shouldn't go acidic and since my coolant has gone from alkaline to neutral, I should change coolant before...
  11. EXEA189

Sunglasses for Driving

I got a pair of Serengeti online from a pilot’s supply website. They are perfect for driving because they’re non-polarized and photochromic. I also like them because they’re not too dark. I also keep a pair of Maui Jim’s for those severe clear days we get in Colorado. They are polarized and I do...
  12. EXEA189

Leak Around The Camshaft Ladder Seal

I can report that the sloppy seal is working. 5K miles later, I have no drips, leaks or weaps.
  13. EXEA189

Car Cover or Not?

I’m so glad you found it there... it’s also where I purchased mine. Best of luck!