GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by EVOBert

1. E

DSG ruins it for me

What he said. The first line tl;dr is only a summary, much like you'll find on the back of my novel once it's published :) Either way, I do think something is wrong with the cars exhibiting the harsh 2-3 shift and in my case the clutches failed very early into the cars life. The harsh...
  2. E

DSG ruins it for me

TL;DR - Was experiencing harsh 2-3 shift since new in my 19 R. Eventually odd-gear clutch started slipping and failed. DSG clutches replaced by dealer and reprogrammed and for now the problem appears to be gone. I was experiencing the same harsh 2-3 shift, predominantly in race mode with...
  3. E

I Predict a Parts Shortage

I'm already facing the parts shortage problem with my '19 DSG R. The odd gear clutch was slipping dramatically a couple weeks ago, especially prevalent in 5th and 7th gear at lower RPMs in manual mode on the highway. Brought it to the dealer over two weeks ago and after showing them a video...
  4. E

Is this totaled?

In my opinion, yes. My 2016 GTI with 44k miles had similar damage on the passenger side, with airbags deployed and the B-pillar pushed far enough in to contact and break the seat. This was from a direct t-bone with the other car doing approximately 25-30mph at impact. Estimate from a...