GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by evilhomura89

1. E

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

E-acca is offering them for 106 EUR which is about USD 116 but doesn't include shipping and will take some time to reach
  2. E

Help with misfire cyl1 cel

May I know how and which inlet did u use to inject the seafoam?
  3. E

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Thanks for sharing your findings. I didn't know this PCV retrofit was possible as it came with a sensor and all, but thanks to your hardwork we know IT IS POSSIBLE :D I've always been a fan of these OEM-plus kind of retrofit, it's like a minor upgrade we can get our hands on easily. And i also...
  4. E

Thermostat and Water Pump Replacement recommendations

I DIY mine recently as it was leaking. This will be my third water pump, first was what came from the factory, second was an INA OEM back in 2018, now I'm trying another brand known as Vika. Vika claimed to have solved some of the common issue of the EA888 3rd generation electronic thermostat...
  5. E

Do our cars have true oil temperature sensors? Calculated vs. measured oil temp?

Are you able to log the coolant temp sensor (g62) data together with the different oil temp related PIDs and see how they affect each other (esp the PIDs that is based on calculation)?
  6. E

Do our cars have true oil temperature sensors? Calculated vs. measured oil temp?

Quick update on my situation and sorry for going out of topic here Turns out that I have a bad G62 sensor (no error code, but it was reporting a higher than usual temperature for my coolant) Took it out and it broke
  7. E

I'm asking because all this while it has been reporting 105-111C for my normal commute of 30 mins or more (ie, car fully warmed up). Recently it's reporting only around 80-90 despite driving for a longer period of time which raised concerns for me. At the same time, there has been an occasion...
  8. E

Thanks for confirming. Given the fact that TOIL_SRV_INTL is "IDE06391 Oil temperature sensor 2", do think there is something wrong with my current readings?
  9. E

Bumping an old thread since it was discussed before Any ideas where are these value populated from? Are they all from the G266 oil level and temperature sender ( 03F907660D / 03F907660E ) or some other sensors?
  10. E

How to retro-fit a bigger capacity battery to a Mk7 Golf

Humble Mechanic did a video on how to replace and do battery adaptation on our cars Anyone noticed that he used "Binary AGM" instead of Fleece? Any idea what are the differences?
  11. E

Race coolant / type-B coolant

What about coolant additive such as redline water wetter? Anyone running those?
  12. E

I live in a warm climate where it doesn't freeze at all hence I was thinking of changing to type B coolant for it's better cooling performance for daily purposes. May I know what's your drain procedure? Do you flush it with distilled water until it's clear of any of the dyed stuff?
  13. E

What's your take on running race coolant if freezing temperature is not of any concerns? Racing coolant are also commonly known as type B coolant and doesn't contain any anti freeze/anti boil ingredients. However, they do come with corrosion inhibitors to prevent rust formation. -...
  14. E

VW vs Audi Brake Rotors

Are pad imprints like this a cause of concern?
  15. E

VW vs Audi Brake Rotors

I'm using brembo OEM rotors (09.9772.11 front 312mm ventilated and 08.C501.11 rear 300mm solid) on my mk7 GTI - they rust after washing/rain as well. Since we're discussing rotors here, does anyone know if it's normal to have brake pad marks on the rotor? My rear rotors have plenty of those pad...