GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by espo92

1. E

APR A01 FLOW FORMED WHEELS (18X8.5) (GUNMETAL GREY)

Selling a set of Gently used (purchased March 2022) APR A01 Flow Formed wheels. They have been on my A3 for around 10,000 miles and are wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires. The lowest tread is 6/32 - so plenty of life left on the tires (rotated twice since new. Wheels were ceramic coated...
  2. E

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Don’t know if it’s already been test fit, but the APR A01 wheels clear with 0 spacer.
  3. E

Do mk7 gti 2.0t rotors and pads fit my Mk7 tsi 1.8t?

No. Your brakes are 288mm the GTI has 312mm brakes. You can upgrade the rest of the braking system to match a GTI but I assume you don't mean that.
  4. E

Finished the install in about 5 hours all things considered. Spent a bunch of time contemplating fitment (or lack there of) of the wheels I have. Couple of notes if any A3/S3 guys are looking at this. 1.) PP brake dust shields don’t work. Not a big deal, just trimmed the stock ones to allow for...
  5. E

Yeah. had a minor heart attack when I picked them up. Luckily I had pre-purchased the caliper seal kit cause I was really expecting them to be removed before powder coating. Had them re-sealed with the red rubber grease too.
  6. E

Better vanity photo of the brakes now with high temp decals. Deciding on 17 or 18” Apex wheels in anthracite to go over them is up next.
  7. E

Had the stock 272s on my old mk7 golf with an is20 turbo and literally caught the brakes on fire, and the stock A3 brakes held up to that with no issue. These are more for actual track days (Daytona/Sebring) and being able to stay in the power on the back straight at the FIRM without worrying...
  8. E

Gonna try it with a buddy this weekend, and go from there. Going from the stock 312mm brakes on an A3 to these is going to be a huge jump, plus being able to change the pads as I start doing more trackdays/autox events.
  9. E

Got my calipers back from powder coating. Hopefully I can get the install done (or do it myself) sometime soon.
  10. E

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Had that happen to. Here’s the actual link. https://www.flickr.com/photos/apexraceparts/
  11. E

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Holding off on picking up 17’s until that fall sale. Currently have some 225/45/17 Falken 615K+ on some older VW wheels. Looking to clear a Porsche macan setup I’m putting together. Any recommendations on the 8.5 or 9” wheels? Don’t want to run a spacer and would love to use these tires until...
  12. E

I see it as $42 each, versus 59 for 2 for Techna-Fit stainless lines. Not tryna cheap out, just was hoping for stainless over plastic lines, but that 45 day delay sucks
  13. E

Wonder if there is a source of Macan/Q5 (which has the same brake calipers) stainless lines that's cheaper than OEM