GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Eric@Wages

1. E

JB4 with BT Mobile connect

Selling a barely used JB4 with BT mobile connect. Reason: Sold Car. $420.00 shipped. Please PM if interested
  2. E

VW GTI 2017 Sport Chirping noise

6500 miles on my car and I have developed a chirping annoying sound like a belt pulley coming mostly when cold from the engine bay. Dealer replaced Belt, Damper and bolt last week, and the noise came back. Anyone experienced this? Sorry if this has already been covered. CHEERS!
  3. E

I want 19" wheels. What are the swap specs I should look for??

I would like to swap my 18" Nogaro for 19" wheels. I do want to close the fender gap at the same time. Which wheel specs do you recommend for a straight swap. I don't want to use springs and spacers to achieve the same. Cheers!!
  4. E

Apple Car Paly and Sources

Anyone experiencing this problem.. If I have my apple phone connected it and want to hear say a CD or Radio or any other source, upon changing the source everything is good, but after a few minutes the source changes to apple car play and I have to manually change it to the original source...
  5. E

SAE 5W-40 or 5W-30

The manual says either or for all driving temps.. I live in Las Vegas and as you know the heat can reach 110 some days in Summer. I have used Mobil 1 on my 2008 Infiniti since 30K miles, now 106K with no problems. SO what is your recommendation Castrol or Mobil 1. I know VW specs. Castrol, but...
  6. E

Is it good or bad to use spacers?

I have read tons of threads on good and bad about outfitting GTI's with spacers. So what is the general consensus in this forum about spacers. Which in your opinion is the best set of spacers? Thanks
  7. E

Revving MK7

Not sure if this is normal. I know these cars have a launch setting where you have to rev to about 4K RPM’s while stepping on the brake. I know that is normal. But does the car also just goes to 4K max if you are parked on drive and rev it. My car will not pass 4K rpm’s, Is this normal?? Thanks
  8. E

Any Issues using Mod 1 JB4 on hot Desert weather

I lived in Las Vegas, NV. Summer (June, July and August) can be a scorching 110 or 115 F. 2017 GTI Sport Stock with JB4 and Euro Muffler only. Has anyone experienced any issues under hot weather?? Can anyone elaborate. Cheers!!
  9. E

Looking for a Single 2017 Golf R Pretoria wheel.

In good condition. Shipped to Las Vegas, NV 89138. Thanks
  10. E

Spacers with lowering Springs

So I have read from different sources pro's and con's about spacers and springs. Can someone summarized what they've experienced with this setup. Not so much about rubbing, but more about putting stress on suspension components. Cheers!!
  11. E

JB4 to Stock setting

If I just disconnect the JB4 out of my car, will it automatically go back to stock or do I have to use the BM Bluetooth app?? Thanks
  12. E

Anyone using VWR Springs

Newbie here. Hello. I have a 2017 GTI Sport and would like to lower it just a bit to avoid the problems I've been reading here about bottoming out on potholes, etc.. It looks like the VWR Springs were made to just lower the car approx. 1" all around and to use with stock shocks. I also want...
  13. E

Eibach Springs

New member here. I have a new 2017 GTI Sport DSG. I want to lower it but conservatively, so to not straight too much from the stock ride while improving handling. I want to lower the car 1" all around with 15mm front and 20mm back spacers to flush the Nogaro wheels. I have also read that many...