GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ErBall

1. ErBall

JB4 - Map 4 (0-60) two times w/ launch control

If you haven’t serviced your haldex recently, I’d look into it asap. If you’re getting wheelspin then something isn’t right, should be super minor front slip (minor tire chirp) then pure grip. Anything less and you’re having haldex issues.
  2. ErBall

DW300c: Any Reviews?

An amperage limited 450 would likely still outperform this, and it’s been a proven method of adding fueling on this platform for years. I just can’t imagine spending nearly equal $ for a lesser preforming part (more so if you’re paying for install and tuning). Plus (if you go with a 450) if you...
  3. ErBall

DW300c: Any Reviews?

This is comparable to the pump APR offers in their stage 3 kit. It barely supports the fuel requirements of the kit, and is likely an incremental upgrade over a stick pump. The pricing is close enough to a 450 kit, seems like there’s a correlation between reviews for this kit and it’s relevancy.
  4. ErBall

TPC Performance Housing Turbo Thread (Not the IS38 Ball Bearing thread....)

Just throwing my .02 in. I’ve had a v1 TPC20, their very first hybrid on the gen 3 nearly 3 years ago. It’s got ~50k miles of straight abuse. Checked last week, zero shaft play, zero oil consumption. These dudes know how to build turbos. I’m picking up a 770 soon.
  5. ErBall

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

I've lurked long enough here to notice a trend. Jake, real question: do you have any idea how condescending you come off in here? It's pretty obvious you make some solid stuff, but as the 'front man' to your company, a gentler hand and more careful tongue would go a long way. You can be...
  6. ErBall

Eurodyne Updates

Okay, question for the more knowledgeable here. I have a tune from Railroader (GLSPerformance - strongly recommend him), and the car runs great (15-A3 MPI/brushless/TPC20v1). The only real problem I'm having is Launch Control. If I hold the LC for more than 4-5 seconds, I immediately throw a...
  7. ErBall

Using COBB Accessport to watch Ethanol Content

This has been the one thing keeping me from switching from Eurodyne.
  8. ErBall

IE TrueFlex for MK7 GTI | Easy ethanol -flashing now!

Very smart. This is a great platform to about 500whp. After that you really start to run into a hard wall with the law of diminishing returns. LS platform in anything can do 700+whp with ease. Good friend is wrapping up an LS swap in an e92 and is ~ $5k deep into it. Should be a solid 800whp...
  9. ErBall

Turbo Arashi dynamics

I’d bet my paycheck it’s not made in the USA.
  10. ErBall

EQT Vortex Supporting mods?

God I need an XL in my life.
  11. ErBall

Does anyone recognize this component in the engine bay? Is mine aftermarket?

Having driven both, the Sigma 6 is leagues better than the Boomba. They're completely different products at the end of the day and priced accordingly.
  12. ErBall

IE TrueFlex for MK7 GTI | Easy ethanol -flashing now!

Tyler, are there plans to extend this coverage into any BT applications with MPI?
  13. ErBall

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

It's only $500 for the DBB update? 🤔
  14. ErBall

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Either are going to feel leagues faster than your is38. Not sure if anyone here has first hand experience with the new TPC20 v2. I’ve got 60k miles on my v1 and it’s still going very strong though.
  15. ErBall

APR Stage 3 TCU

Does anyone know if the DQ381 is any stronger than the DQ250?