GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by elamothe15

1. E

Help: Coolant Leak, But Not From Water Pump?

I tried searching the forum but couldn’t find anything other than bad water pump threads so I’m hoping to see if anyone can help me out. I have a 2015 GTI with ~80k miles on it. My water pump and thermostat housing was replaced last May at 65k miles under warranty by VW. A couple weeks ago my...
  2. E

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

Model year and model: 2015 VW GTI S Mileage: 65,000 miles Have you tested your coolant system? Yes, on multiple occasions Have you had multiple failures and replacements of the housing? No Took it to the dealer 3 times over the last ~5,000 miles. Low coolant light - first time no leak was...
  3. E

IS20 Turbo Longevity

I am really only tailoring this thread to longevity so looking at data essentially greater than 80k miles.
  4. E

IS20 Turbo Longevity

Now that the original Mk7 GTIs have been out for ~5 years now we should start seeing people hit higher mileage. Curious to see how people's turbos are handling stock conditions / tunes. I know there were some original turbo issues on the early revisions, but I haven't heard many issues since.
  5. E

HELP JB1 acting up

I tried changing from Map 0 to Map 1 yesterday. I had it at the stock Map 0 as I was breaking in the new clutch I installed recently. Anyways, when I went to change maps through the JB4 app on my computer, I selected Map 1 and the window to the left showing the map changed to a random number...
  6. E

A/C Variability Issues

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any of these issues (not Cimatronic)... I noticed a couple months ago that when the fan was off (windows down) that fairly warm air was blowing through the vents into the cabin. I thought it might've been something that I just didn't notice in the past...
  7. E

OBD11 Help in Rhode Island or Nearby MA/CT?

Wondering if anyone in RI or nearby MA/CT has an OBD11 and would be willing to meet up to download the Euro Taillight coding to my 2015 GTI S. I recently purchased a pair with the harness and will need to do the coding for the amber turn signal. Let me know if you can help...
  8. E

WTB OEM Deep Black Peal Rear Spoiler

As the title says, I am looking to buy an OEM deep black pearl rear spoiler. Wondering if anyone recently purchased an aftermarket spoiler for their MK7 GTI and is willing to sell their old stock one. I had a very unfortunate accident with my garage door over the weekend :( Interested in any...
  9. E

The exhaustive what tire (conti) to buy?

Well I know there are a ton of threads on tires, but I am strictly concerned with Continental tires. I am looking to get a new set 235/40/R18 for my daily driven stage 1 GTI (JB1). I have a dedicated set of winters (WS80 on 16" steelys); however, since I live in NE the weather changes in the...
  10. E

JB1 6MT Clutch Update "Poll"

Because all of the 6MT people question about clutch longevity, let's dedicate this thread to only JB1 (not flash tunes) and figure out who's clutch has started to slip and who's hasn't. From what I've seen, there have been a select few people with clutch issues when paired with the JB1. List...
  11. E

Whirling Sound in Reverse - 6MT

So I've had an "issue" that I've noticed for the past couple months. When I'm in reverse and start backing up I hear a moderate whirling sound right when the clutch bites. The car is silent with the clutch to the floor and engaged. I am not sure if this is normal or not and I only notice it...
  12. E

OBDII Soundaktor Off

Is there a way to turn off the Soundaktor using an OBDII WIFI dongle and an app? I know many people do this using VCDS but I don't have access to one. Just have the OBD fusion app with a WIFI OBDII dongle. If so please let me know how!
  13. E

APR Boost Gauge Issue

Using an APR boost gauge with a direct APR boost tap. Recently the gauge has been acting up and starting at ~13psi at idle. Obviously this is incorrect as it should be ~-21mmHg. It will act really weird (fluttering up and down) until finally settling down after a couple minutes. Once it...
  14. E

WTD: Stock Austin Rim

Hi, just wondering if anyone is looking to get rid of their stock Austin rims. I've got some bad curb rash on one of mine and I'm looking for a new one in good shape. I know there are some posts out there with people selling them so if you know the link please let me know! I'm just looking for 1...
  15. E

WTD: Austin Stock Rim

Hi, just wondering if anyone is looking to get rid of their stock Austin rims. I've got some bad curb rash on one of mine and I'm looking for a new one in good shape. I know there are some posts out there with people selling them so if you know the link please let me know! I'm just looking for 1...