GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ejs4

1. E

Blocked Heater Matrix - 2016 Mk7 Golf

Hello, I believe my heater matrix is blocked. - no heat - coolant level occasionally drops - smell of coolant in cabin on long journeys (assume leakage/evaporation) Over £500 to fix at independents. Any tips on if matrix is easy to replace
  2. E

Changing Rear Brake Discs and Pads on Mk7 without coder to put in service mode

Hello, I need to change the discs and pads on the rear of my mk7 golf. It has an electronic handbrake However the videos I have watched all use coder / diagnostic equipment to put the brakes into 'service mode' Is service mode required in order to change the disc and pads? - If so, any way of...
  3. E

Air Filter change worth it? - 2016 GTD

Something like this? https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/k-n-induction-kit-508440951 Do you think it will be noticeable in the GTD though?
  4. E

Air Filter change worth it? - 2016 GTD

Hello, Would replacing the stock air filter on my 2016 GTD make much difference? Looking at the K&N filter below: https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/k-n-performance-air-filter-508441641 Also would like to increase intake sound if anyone knows any tips.
  5. E

Oil change - Amount required?

Hi, Going to do an oil change myself on my 2016 GTD using Castrol 15668E EDGE 5W-30 How much do I need? Will 4 litres be enough, or do I need the 5 litre? Thanks
  6. E

How to improve acceleration (2016 GTD)

Hi, Does anyone have any easy low cost mods to improve the 0-60 acceleration on a 2016 GTD?
  7. E

Are EBC the best brake pads? (2016 GTD)

Hi, Looking to get some better brake pads as original are not quiet good enough for me. I have heard that EBC do some of the better brake pads. Which to go for? Redstuff / OE Replacment / YellowStuff Do the Yellowstuff wear pretty quickly & produce a lot of brake dust or not?
  8. E

Things to check before warranty expires?

Hello, My warranty expires in a weeks time. I am taking my 2016 GTD in to VW for them to look at the start/stop button as I don’t think it’s working as it’s suppose to (have to press it pretty hard) Is there anything else that I should get them to check? Any common issues with a 2016 MK7? Thanks
  9. E

Windows fogging / moisture

HI, Now the weather is getting colder in the UK the windows are starting to get fogged up overnight and during the day. Someones quite a lot of moisture on the inside of the windscreen. I presume maybe wet floor mats and wet cargo has caused some moisture in the air of the car. Any tips to...
  10. E

Squeaky Clutch pedal

Hi, I sometimes have a slightly squeaky cloth pedal. Only happy occasionally and usually stops after a lot of depressing Anyone else experienced this?
  11. E

GTD tyres - F1 Eagle or PS4

Hi, Changing my stock tyres. Considering wither Goodyear Eagle F1Asymmetrical 3 or Michelin PS4. Pretty much same price fitted (F1 £95 & PS£ £108 Mostly looking for a quieter cabin but also wear would be a bonus.
  12. E

Air filter 2016 GTD

Hello, Is there much of a benefit to changing out the stock air filter on the GTD? I have seen that people often do it with the GTI, replacing stock with a K&N so just wondering if its worth it with the GTD?
  13. E

Apple CarPlay activation worth it? UK

Hi, Is the Apple CarPlay worth paying for activation. It’s at least £200 I believe from my local VW. I use Spotify and Podcasts a lot, and prefer Apple navigation to VW nativation. Just it is a lot of money, and would rather have new brakes or tires for that price. Is it worth it and any...
  14. E

2016 GTD New brakes - Brembo worth it?

Hi, I am looking for some new brakes that have a bit more bite to them. I like the visual appearance of the red brembo brake clalipers but I do not want to spend a fortune. What is the best value for money brake setup? (I can do instal myself)
  15. E

Window/mirror wind noise when driving

Hi, When driving my 2016 GTD there is a wind noise on the drivers side, almost like the window is open a few mm or the mirror is catching the wind. It is particularly bad when motorway cruising. Not sure if it happens on the passenger side. Is this a common issue or a problem with mine?