GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by edsonmassao

1. edsonmassao

Recommend me an inexpensive intake for turbo noise

@victorofhavoc commented here it is not a good idea https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/hood-vents-really-work.337622/page-2#post-7622561 I thought removing that rubber strip would allow hot air escape from the the engine bay.
  2. edsonmassao

CTS Inlet Pipe

http://mygolfmk7.com/turbo-inlet-pipe/ In number it shows very little gains, in real life I don't think it is very noticeable...
  3. edsonmassao

Stock MK7 GTI exhaust cut open

Very interesting, far different and complex internally than I thought. Does anyone know how much the stock muffler weighs?
  4. edsonmassao

The definitive dashcam thread

I'm running for a few months a Xiaomi 70Mai Pro dashcam, and it's ok until now. It was easy to install even for a non-DIY guy like me, it's powered by the 12V-USB adapter that came with the camera. I haven't recorded anything exciting to show up here but I'll share a sample just for reference:
  5. edsonmassao

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Thanks, I was looking your thread right now and noticed it!
  6. edsonmassao

Haven't tried yet but theoretically the internal diameter should be the same, and externally it is a bit larger due to silicone layers...
  7. edsonmassao

Delivered today, waiting for the Aliexpress turbo inlet to install everything together: One quick question: it came with the below clamps, can I use them or it is better to sitck with the stock ones?
  8. edsonmassao

Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

People here like to choose "traditional" colors for their cars: black, white, silver; it's very boring to walk in the parking lot and find only these colors. When I bought mine 3 years ago I tried to break this car color scheme :D
  9. edsonmassao

Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

I really like this angle of the car:
  10. edsonmassao

MK7 GTI shudders under hard acceleration

In the video comments there are some people saying to spray CRC on the map sensor location, maybe I will give it a try.
  11. edsonmassao

JR's TR MK7.5 Golf R

Silver Pretoria would be my choice ;)
  12. edsonmassao

Show us your MK7

Sweet, love those seats! Not a great shot of mine but I kinda like the background:
  13. edsonmassao

Show us your MK7

Dirty car, the photo angle wasn't so good but...hell, let me take a pic :LOL:
  14. edsonmassao

ASR/Traction Control Button Meant to Light Up?

Have you fixed this issue? The standard behaviour is to light up in orange when you turn ASR/ESC off but recently I noticed it only keeps the white color on my car...