GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ed @ EQT

1. Ed @ EQT

All new EQT Brushless LPFP pricing!

Sounds like they're using the old price as the base. I'll have the guys check on that. But yes, they're on sale currently for $674 which is a stupid good deal :) -- Ed
  2. Ed @ EQT

EQT Typhoon Bolt-on Turbo Data and Results - over 700whp!

The first two are full frame options which come with a much more complicated setup and installation, more parts (EWG, BOV, DP, Adapters, Inlet, Intake, etc, etc), and of course a much higher price tag. Most full frame options that size also spool a good bit later than the Typhoon. -- Ed
  3. Ed @ EQT

TPC770 or EQT Typhoon?

Its not using an IS38 housing. Where did I say that? Sources are about 5 cars that we've worked on tuning with them. Most stay quiet. The issues are with boost control, lag, and overall performance. As I said, I know that a couple people have had success, but its hard to pin point since the...
  4. Ed @ EQT

TPC770 or EQT Typhoon?

I'd say spool is similar to a 770 in similar housings. It does spool faster than most full frame 770's out there. -- Ed
  5. Ed @ EQT

TPC770 or EQT Typhoon?

Those are more of a full frame thing and a lot more money. There are also endless revisions... it seems like every turbo he comes out with is different. Many people have had issues, a few have had some success. -- Ed
  6. Ed @ EQT

TPC770 or EQT Typhoon?

The 770 is good for about 600whp max unless you overspin the hell out of it. Then it can make more power, but shaft speeds get very high and reliability takes a major hit. We tested the 770 wheel package and ended up revising things for our Typhoon because of the issues we saw with the 770. When...
  7. Ed @ EQT

All new EQT Brushless LPFP pricing!

We have torture tested these pumps and have been running them in quite a few cars for a while now. We're confident that the performance and reliability match the OEM pumps. And of course, we always stand behind our products if anything does happen. -- Ed
  8. Ed @ EQT

Introducing the EQT OTS (Staged) Vortex tune, on stock downpipe!

Only way to make it work would be to basically force you guys to use specific bolt-on parts like intakes, intercoolers, etc.
  9. Ed @ EQT

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

The LPFP is being run all out on pretty much all staged tunes for stock LPFP. We haven't seen any issues with longevity. -- Ed
  10. Ed @ EQT

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Custom tunes are not generally pre-loaded. -- Ed
  11. Ed @ EQT

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

We have many customers actively tracking their cars on our tunes. You need to address cooling for sure, and possibly fuel quality. You can always add some 100 octane from the pump at the track. PCV may be another factor. The stock tune will end up pulling a lot of timing in similar conditions...
  12. Ed @ EQT

NVH on throttle in reverse

You probably have something rubbing.
  13. Ed @ EQT

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Usually over 5500RPM is where injection window starts to become an issue. -- Ed
  14. Ed @ EQT

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Not at all the case on modern cars, especially DI. DI is set up to work at a very wide range of rail pressures as the pressure is not nearly as stable as a classic PI only system. -- Ed
  15. Ed @ EQT

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

This is mostly true for a stock tune, but not so much for a performance tune that is trying to maximize power under all conditions. In this type of strategy, the fueling requirement is definitely higher in colder weather. -- Ed