GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ecapskcab

1. Ecapskcab

SOLD: COBB Accessport W/ DSG

No sir. I sold it to another forum member after clearing the license.
  2. Ecapskcab

For those of you have messaged me. I ran into a hiccup and it has been identified the ECU is still assigned. When I did the uninstall in the haste I did, I only uninstalled the TCU. I have made contact with Cobb who will do it for a small fee because the vehicle was totaled. So, to answer any...
  3. Ecapskcab

GTI.
  4. Ecapskcab

To all of you who messaged me. I want to wholely apologize for my lack of response. I had a family emergency come up since my initial post and I was pre-occupied. The price is staying firm at USD $600 + shipping, which should be less than $15 USD. If you wish, and are a serious buyer I will more...
  5. Ecapskcab

For Sale. Cobb Accessport w/ DSG unlocked. Was uninstalled properly. Have been using for the past year as it was EQT Custom Tune solution. 600 OBO. Preferred payment is via Paypal. Comes with: 1x Accessport 1x Carrying Case 1x Data USB Cable 1x Data Cable for in car use 1x Dash Mount The car...
  6. Ecapskcab

Another one bites the dust

The car is paid off. It was cheaper to rebuild the motor than it was to purchase a new car and have a monthly payment. I don't want to steal the thread by any means but I addressed the issue from before and the only logical choice was to move forward with new everything. I also feel a lot more...
  7. Ecapskcab

Another one bites the dust

Welcome to the club, just got mine up and running again. It was an expensive endeavor, hopefully, the block can be salvaged. I know what it feels like, as I literally just got mine back 2 weeks ago and have been working with EQT for a safe and reliable tune. I truly wish you the best. It is...
  8. Ecapskcab

Chicago Auto Pros - interesting vlog mini series on GTI engine problems.

He probably could get a better deal. The price on the low end was supported by what the shop could source. I imagine if they source something a bit cheaper it won't be too bad. Im doing a rebuild now and it sure as heck is cheaper than all their prices.
  9. Ecapskcab

2020 GTI mk8

Its OK. Honestly, not a fan of the boot. A bit too square.
  10. Ecapskcab

Unitronic "Support"

My original Stage 1 tune back in 2016 resulted in EPC and limp mode. John worked on it and provided a tune that I believed was better and seemed to work better. Silently over the next roughly 50k miles and the addition of Stage 2 my engine self destructed. It is bittersweet. Unitronic is...
  11. Ecapskcab

SAI delete?

Question: My engine builder wouldn't do a R motor because it didn't have SAI (UK). Without the SAI is there any other issues to look for? If it is as simple as coding it out, may not be the worst idea? A heck of a lot cheaper doing an engine swap opposed to a rebuild.
  12. Ecapskcab

Unitronic "Support"

My current engine builder is convinced the tune from Unitronic led to the downfall of the engine. Ran rich for many miles and resulted in engine failure. Not too happy with Unitronic nor their customer service. I would steer clear for all of the reasons you specified in your post.
  13. Ecapskcab

Engine shudder and throwing codes.

Finally have words back from Midlands VW. No fault of their own, they have been wonderful and thus far I highly recommend them if you are in the UK. They confirm 100% the engine was running excessive knock from the tune and resulted in the damage to the engine. Being NA in the UK has been most...
  14. Ecapskcab

DIY- how to remove/replace start stop switch

After replacing with the new switch the car still hesitates to start? As in still having to be a bit forceful with the push start to get it to turn over? Other things to check. 1. Battery health 2. Key Fob battery 3. Alternator When I replaced the button, I also upgraded the battery to an AGM...