GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DV52

1. D

Retrofit of facelift BCM into pre-facelift Mk7 (in progress, please help 😬)

maybe look for ENG141651-ENG141957-ZV allgemein-Radio freq.
  2. D

OOhhh .. yes, it certainly does do something!! For a BCM with an active long-code string, the software switches that determine the key-fob frequency are on Byte 8, Bit 0-1. The value for 434.42MHz = hex03=xxxx xx11 For a newer type BCM, the equivalent adaptation channel is ...
  3. D

The inside of a BCM from a MQB platform car (3 x Socket version) looks like this:
  4. D

@Cuzoe : Hmm......... I don't understand how the aliexpess "test-bench" can work!! When I first built my MQB test-bench (see picture below - and yes, it's nowhere near as pretty as the aliexpress unit) - simply hooking-up the CAN high/low and power supply wires to the BCM and Gateway module...
  5. D

Just post them both here, or somewhere online (with a link here). To be clear, my macro needs the admaps to be in .CSV format . So make sure that you set-up the admap dialogue box in VCDS like this (notice "CSV file" is selected in "Output"): Don
  6. D

@xabhax : Hi - I'm with @Cuzoe, sounds like a torturous way to align the channel database settings in the new BCM!! I have developed a BCM compare macro using MS Access and MX excel for swapping modules based on VCDS admaps - it produces a spreadsheet identifying the adaptation channels in the...
  7. D

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

@adriancttnc :: Hi. Your VW CC 2012 (Passat) is built on a PQ46 platform and the 5Q0 980 556 camera was designed for cars that have a MQB platform (like the Golf mk7/mk7.5). The other problem is that MQB platform cars have 2 x types of reverse cameras; low-line and high-line. The former is a...
  8. D

Auto locking

@Duke Thrust : Hi. The auto-locking function is called "door slamming" by VW (I have no idea why!), The facility to auto-lock doors as you have described is enabled in the module called Access Startsystem Interface by OBDeleven and it's called Acc/Start Auth by VCDS - but the module is called...
  9. D

DIY Front Camera upgrade for RVC-HIGH

@mr-fix : interesting code - are you using one of these (Digispark): Don
  10. D

Lowline Reverse Camera Retrofit

Again, I can only reply for RoW based Golfs. As factory built and as shown on my wiring diagram on page 1 of this thread - F18 is connected to the Reversing camera (R189) and to the Rear lid handle release button (E234). Because E234 needs to operate when the ignition is OFF, the voltage supply...
  11. D

hmm.......... so you connected the camera trigger wire to the left-side reverse light? Normally the turn-ON signal for the camera is the right-side reverse light. I don't believe that it matters which side is used for this function. OK - so here's the thing about voltage supplies on cars -...
  12. D

Tail and backup light puzzle

@PlaidDad : Don't bother searching for a fuse for the tail-light lamps - you won't find any!! On MQB platform cars (like the mk7/mk7.5), protection of the car's 35 x exterior lamps is managed by the module that lives at CAN address hex09 (it's called "BCM" by VCDS & "central electrics module"...
  13. D

@mr-fix: yes, I understand - but your "fix" is very different to the suggestion in the seatcupra.net post. .Your "fix" reduces the dimmert value from 127 to 100 for an LED based Leuchte-set and the seatcupra.net suggestion increases the dimmwert value from 100 to 127 for an incandescent based...
  14. D

@mr-fix: hmm....... again, I intend no offense, but I find it hard to believe the suggestion in seatcupra.net forum that increasing the dimmwert value beyond 100 for incandescent lamps increases illumination levels. Based on my understanding of how the BCM manages the operation of the car's 35...
  15. D

@mr-fix : Hello again. With absolutely no offense intended - are you sure about default dimmwert=89? I have a couple of Yankee Golf mk7s (not mk7.5) in my MQB database and they are both showing Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimmwert AB 29 =100!! Don