GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dunkelweizen

1. D

Car FS: 2016 Pure White 5dr GTI Performance, 6MT, 166k km (126k on engine), Ontario (GTA)

I am sadly going to be parting with Gwendolyn, my favourite car ever after 8 years (getting Mk8 R). Original owner, very clean, garage kept, all scheduled maintenance, no accidents, no smoking, no clutch dump hard launches, never tracked, majority highway miles. This is the top trim...
  2. D

Sunroof woes - anything else I should do/modify while headliner is out?

2016 GTI. The guide rail on driver's side of sunroof seized up due to gunk build up. This caused one of the cables running from the motor to snap. Anyone have any experience with replacing this cable? I can't find a part number for it and dealer diagrams don't show that cable at all. This...
  3. D

OE Euro Tails

also used the weed wacker line & long zip tie method with Zero's harness and it was pretty easy. I now spend way too much time sitting in front of store windows with the turn signals on, mesmerized by the reflection of the fancy orange blinkers...
  4. D

ATE ceramic brake pad questions

I have that exact set of pads front and rear (bought from FCP Euro) for my performance pkg GTI, so has same size brakes as your R. They've been on since early Spring and I like them a lot. Pretty much no dust, very linear brake feel and stopping power feels about the same to me, maybe even 5%...
  5. D

Mk7 Windshield Saint-Gobain with light/rain sensor

Ah, too bad. Thanks anyway :) Thought I hit the jackpot when someone found a Saint Gobain windshield collecting dust in the corner of the warehouse around here that had the right features. But then they checked my VIN with VW and they said it is a different part # :( Was hoping to get a...
  6. D

Mk7 Windshield Saint-Gobain with light/rain sensor

Sorry to revive an old thread. I'm going to make an attempt at the Sekurit challenge and try to find this glass. Any chance any of you downloaded and still have the PDF linked below and wouldn't mind sharing? Link is dead and so is the website. Not a good start, lol.
  7. D

Premium gas in 1.8L TSI?!

Octane count is definitely not indication of quality. If @Mk7GolfDisease is in BC, this post was a massive eye opener for me. And it seems that there can be some big quality differences among the top-tier brands also. Luckily where I live, PetroCan 94 (which appears to be pretty consistently...
  8. D

Rennwagen quality and fitment issues

I too am one of the original Rennwagen extension pre-orders. I really liked the Aerofabb and was going to get it until I saw all the posts about how it scratches up just driving the car at parking lot speeds or breathing on it...I'd much rather live with some orange peel than one that is so...
  9. D

Everbody's second favorite topic...yet another WHICH CLUTCH???

Weird thing is the same stage 3 setup on the Ringer website has it at 475 lb/ft... It is the EQT website that has it listed at 575 lb/ft. Not sure what/why the discrepancy. And according to Ringer's website, they do have a sprung disc, but only for SMF. If using factory DMF, it is unsprung...
  10. D

How to reset MK7.5 GTI Third Brake Light Flashing at braking

Not sure if the same on the Mk7.5, but on Mk7, Leuchte 22BR controls the 3rd brake light. Here is chart of the coding with stock parameters courtesy of Don (@DV52) Sauce Good luck! Please update if you figure it out. Cheers.
  11. D

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Sweet! I'm going to pick one up soon. Is this a fairly easy DIY job (with any supplied instructions) or requires serious knowledge and tools?
  12. D

Neuspeed Power Module still good?

wow, $375 CAD for used NPM?! That's almost used JB4 with AFR harness AND bluetooth price. JB4 with data cable can be had for under $350 CAD used. There's regularly JB1s in the classifieds here going for $200 USD (~$255 CAD) shipped.
  13. D

How much boost for cobb stage 1 OTS

I think stock tune usually peaks at 18-19 psi and occasionally peaks at around 20 psi in certain conditions. My EQT stage1 OTS regularly peaks at between 26-27 psi, then tapers. You should see similar with Stratified if you are not getting a low torque version. Don't go too crazy while on...
  14. D

Will a Jb4 group 1 work on GTI

Yep, what Jim said. George has said on the forum here that the groups are just for marketing purposes.
  15. D

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Good idea, I will definitely be doing that along with getting a breaker bar with 17mm & 19mm sockets to go in the trunk/boot. Found out the "wrench" in the emergency kit has such a fat lip, it wouldn't fit into the space in of the shifted wheel. Had to call a buddy to bring down a socket set.