GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Duchess

1. Duchess

17" Wheels for Winter Tires on GTIs?

I have 17s on my GTI for winter and it was a great choice in my opinion, no fitment issues whatsoever with wheels very similar to these https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/oem-17-wheels-that-clear-pp-r-calipers.356946/post-7358025 but with 215/50 tires instead of 225/45. (y)
  2. Duchess

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I am deeply jealous of your find, but make us proud and bust those dicks!
  3. Duchess

My RallyArmor mudflaps came in today! Cannot wait to get these on, but I think I will wait until I switch off my winter tires at the end of next month.
  4. Duchess

Official Cornflower Blue GTI / Golf Thread

I would commit crimes to have your garage :love:
  5. Duchess

“Nice GTI”..........It’s an R!!!!!!!

Yeah I should've mentioned that it's my general beef with VW; the subtle changes they made to the interior for the mk7.5 were actually what cemented my decision to buy mine because I felt it was the best interior I'd ever seen from VW! But maybe I'm too much of a gamer always thirsting for more...
  6. Duchess

LOL you can't really blame her, they look crazy precisely to draw attention so of course they're going to draw her eye when they drive by! Even for me it's impossible not to notice when a Civic R rolls up because it's such an assault on the eyes.
  7. Duchess

My only beef with VW in terms of style has always been the interior - it's too staid! It's comfortable and quite functional, but I'm a loud person that likes a ~touch of flair :LOL: That said, when you have money, you know it and you don't need to show off (and whew those Civic R's are a...
  8. Duchess

Bought some red gators as they were having a decent Boxing Day sale! Think these will go on my summers & I'll install them when I swap. Think they'll be a nice accent...
  9. Duchess

Driver Survey

As a former Impreza owner, I'm a bit embarrassed that I fall under both the speeding ticket and accident stats (I got sandwiched in my accident, to be fair! I may or may not still be bitter)... The Dodge Dart in the speeding ticket graph is a bit crazy, I can't even recall the last time I saw...
  10. Duchess

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Winter fit put on today (y) Chunky Michelin X-Ice Snow 215/50/17's on some replica Pretoria wheels (I couldn't find them in gloss black so the silver will have to do). These beefy tires will be great for the purportedly extra snowy winter we're going to have in the Ottawa Valley. Very little...
  11. Duchess

Card holder in the center console?

Sooooo I have to apologize because just yesterday I realized you were right and I was wrong🤦‍♀️ There ARE clips next to the vanity mirror on the visor, for both driver and passenger actually. I hardly use the mirror and I guess I just never looked closely when I had the visor flipped down? But...
  12. Duchess

Sadly no, I don't have any clips on my visor and I believe that's the case for all the NA GTIs.
  13. Duchess

I'm mostly referring to mkyp's post in the previous page where they show that the container for the card holder is misaligned with the slot, making the whole setup janky to begin with. Regardless, I don't think I'll be touching it again.
  14. Duchess

LOL desperate times call for desperate measures! I just wonder a) Why on earth the card slot is misaligned the way it is and b) if it can be fixed so it’s not weirdly tight like that. I’m too traumatized to use it now...