GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dtran11

1. D

Costco vs shell gas

So here is an update: Pump gas again at shell and averaged 30.5. Costco in Illinois averaged 31. Seems to be the same. The first time was at a Costco in Wisconsin across the border.
  2. D

Costco vs shell gas

Only once. Always been shell until I found Costco premium 93 for $1.80 so I gave it a try. Will have to try many more times. Just wanted to see if anyone has similar experience
  3. D

Costco vs shell gas

I'll pump from both places throughout the summer and take note. Will update after the summer
  4. D

Costco vs shell gas

I hear you but I am driving even faster deliberately with the shell gas to make sure I give the benefit of the doubt to Costco.
  5. D

Costco vs shell gas

Yea that might be it. Or they allow more water lol
  6. D

Costco vs shell gas

One difference is that the Costco is in Wisconsin (first time at this station) and the shell is in Illinois (the same one I always pump at)
  7. D

Costco vs shell gas

Tried Costco gas on my GTI recently and noticed much lower mpg, 27 vs 32 with shell. I always use premium. Has anyone tried Costco premium and had better results? Maybe that's why Costco premium was $1.8/gallon compared to shell $2.7/gallon. Thanks
  8. D

Help with changing halogen bulb

I'm trying to change my 2019 (mk7.5) GTI S, low beam halogen bulbs but when I twist the bulb housing out, I see an electrical wire linked to the housing. Looking at videos on mk7, they don't have the wire connected to the bulb housing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  9. D

bumper to bumper warranty does not cover rattles after 1 year?

I had buzzing sound from the fuel line at 1700 rpm which they fixed. Now the same buzz sound happens at 3500 rpm. Anyone had this issue?
  10. D

How to drive faster!

I did fell into deep depression by your comments. I drove my GTI into a pond and now live in solitude pondering how life would have been different if I just paid the extra $1k for the DSG. So I'll be waiting for that gift card as well...
  11. D

How to drive faster!

Thanks for the helpful tips. As an update, I have gotten pretty smooth at shifting. The big gear ratio from 1st to 2nd still cause some jerkiness if I'm lazy to smooth out the clutch. If I'm in a hurry I don't wait for the rpm to match before letting off clutch; if that case I do let the clutch...
  12. D

How to drive faster!

Lol. You have too much pride my friend... But thanks for the help.
  13. D

Weird warning light

I wasn't aware I had radar in my car. I bought the cheapest trim. Thanks everyone
  14. D

Weird warning light

It's yellow or orange. Not sure why that's so. Thanks
  15. D

Weird warning light

Can anyone help me figure out what this warning is? It was on when I was driving today. Doesn't show anymore. It snowed a bit when I was driving. Thanks