GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dsimons1187

1. D

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I was in the exact same boat as you. I came from VWR springs as well, and although they were quite good initially, there was a noticeable difference in the ride quality after about 20k. Congrats on the B16’s, I bet they will be fantastic.
  2. D

I went with the ST X’s and couldn’t be happier. The ride quality is great and gave a perfect drop for a daily driver in my opinion. The rears are all the way down and the fronts have a few threads left. I know these don’t go low enough for some but they fit the bill perfectly for what I was...
  3. D

They are just some generic tips I got from the shop where I had a muffler delete done
  4. D

Installed some coilovers...
  5. D

New Inspection Sticker Location NH?

Hello Everyone, Has anyone recently gotten an inspection in NH? I just got my GTI done and the new sticker that is required by the state is atrocious. The state is also requiring it to be placed in the bottom left hand side of the windshield. So now instead of it hidden by the rear view mirror...
  6. D

DG short shifter, 034 dogbone mount, ecs bleeder block installed.
  7. D

Wheels scratched from tire installation...

So I went in yesterday to get a set of new tires put on. I tried to inspect the wheels prior to leaving to check for any scratches, however there was a bunch of grease and crap on the wheel which made it difficult. Long story short, I went home to clean them and sure enough all 4 wheels have...
  8. D

What is your occupation?

Portfolio manager in commercial lending at a bank.
  9. D

I'd say when comparing it to the stock setup, yes it's on the louder side (especially between 2k-3k) but really only when you get on it. However, comparing it to some of the subbies I hear rumbling around town, it's on the tame side.
  10. D

Much appreciated! Tips were actually right from the exhaust shop I went to. I was planning to order some prior to getting the muffler delete, but when I went there to set up the appointment I asked to see what they had and they were perfect for what I was looking for.
  11. D

Very happy sound wise. Has a nice deep growl to it now. Purrs at stop lights. Nice little crackles and pops every now and again. Very close to stock on the highway which was very important to me since I commute everyday. I felt like I watched hours of videos on different exhausts and but never...