GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DSC808

1. DSC808

In process: Alibaba GTI build

I remember seeing AliE had the VR6 (used in the Atlas/SUV models) for cheap. I think that's what HPA did; buy like 50 of them.
  2. DSC808

Any Electricians in the house?

He said only one person has figured it out using only 2 relays. Could add another relay if necessary. Been trying to figure it out and is frying my brain. I figure hitting it once energizes (and holds) one relay, hitting it again energizes 2nd relay and powers the light. But I have not been able...
  3. DSC808

Any Electricians in the house?

Trying to figure out a project for school. Parameters are: @24v 3 wire control build a circuit that achieves the following: Using one start/stop station. Push Start once, the single light does not illuminate. Push Start a second time, the light illuminates. Press the Stop and light turns off...
  4. DSC808

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

I bought the Crrality scanner in Dec and could not get a clean scan of a water bottle. To be fair I have a POS desktop, so probably not enough RAM/processing power. I think a solid 4" intake tube with a velocity stack at the filter and tapers to the TIP would improve airflow over the...
  5. DSC808

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Just swap them over. Serious question tho.... will they fit on a Mk8?
  6. DSC808

ECS Stock replacement IC

Assume you mean this one. Pretty good deal. Would still need the coupling though. I was gonna say get a AliE one, but with shipping the price would be about the same (plus the wait time).
  7. DSC808

Guess I'll get a battery..

I bought a battery from O'Reileys 4 years ago and got 2 free replacements under their warranty..... 😬
  8. DSC808

Burning coolant(?) on turbo

Take out the 2 torx screws, disconnect the top rubber clamp; pull out the adapter with the hose and replace.
  9. DSC808

Burning coolant(?) on turbo

Pretty common leak. It's a plastic piece that gets brittle. Replaced mine with a metal one from EMD No issues after. Maybe like a 30 minute job.
  10. DSC808

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

If I use a waterless wash like ONR can I use a California Water Blade to remove (and then wipe with microfiber) or should I just stick with a microfiber towel? I'm lazy.
  11. DSC808

APR Ultralink - At Home Flash Tuning is Here!

I meant pedantics for everyone else. It's like "They didn't specifically say blah blah blah so therefore they must be lying...." Personally I don't care about the details. Great to have another at home tuning option. I'm not a APR fanboy but I do have a few of their products and they work great.
  12. DSC808

APR Ultralink - At Home Flash Tuning is Here!

Has anyone not not made that claim? Pedantics.
  13. DSC808

Throttle Delay

Is it not the normal delay with a dual mass flywheel? I get the same thing. Try to blip the throttle, nothing happens. Need to keep my foot on the pedal to get the revs to rise. Solution would be to switch to a single mass flywheel.