GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by drrck

1. D

transmission in emergency mode. No reverse gear

Your DSG is broken, get it to the dealer for warranty repair.
  2. D

DSG DMF Failure and Replacement

DMF failure in DSGs are not common that I've seen in MK7. In prior generations it would get so bad that the shifter would vibrate back and forth. Most DSGs make that ringing noise in my experience, and I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  3. D

Eurodyne Updates

Heading to the track on Monday for HPDE, checked gaps on the Ruthies, looking sweet. Thought I'd log just to make sure I'm ready to beat up on some Mustangs. Looks pretty clean to me thoughts and feedback appreciated as always. I've got it set for 25 and 92 octane, seems to be sustainable...
  4. D

2017 GTi PP at VIR

R intercooler is a marginal improvement over stock. If you're going to do the labor and take the front clip off, it's not worth doing twice IMO.
  5. D

Intercooler performance

I sent you a DM with the files.
  6. D

Intercooler performance

I'm pretty sure I posted this before, but if you are tracking, the IC makes a massive difference as one would suspect. This is my car on the same track same setup other than IC with my IS20 before I swapped to IS38. I have the .csvs for these runs as well if anyone wants to see them let me know.
  7. D

Intercooler performance

I can tell you I track my car (HPDE) and the IE unit was great for IS20 and remains great for my IS38 fitment was easy too. Like Diggs said, most of the proven ones are just that, more or less proven because enough people are running them. The eBay ones could be great one shipment and terrible...
  8. D

Is Eurodyne a good reliable software for ECU/TCU tune?

Is it the best? Not really, but it's cheap and as long as you're not doing anything crazy it's just fine. Looking at your location I wouldn't recommend it though as you've likely got better local options.
  9. D

Clicking under Acceleration

If its not misfire it's the WG and DV freakin the F out as you are requesting boost at what some would call "the worst possible conditions" The way to not have this is to hit the kickdown, downshift, or change your tune.
  10. D

Talk me into (or out of) a DSG tune...

When I went stage 1 and had a DSG tune, if I had to pick one, I would have given up the ECU tune to keep the DSG one.
  11. D

Anyone just turn in this car? Recognize it?

Pretty sure I saw this shit on FB a while back. He got moderately flamed for the intake, he said his buddy did it for practically free if I remember correctly. Still seems like a dumpster fire tho.
  12. D

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

I'm runnin the Ruthies as well since the price was right. I've no complaints and they held up well at the fall HPDE.
  13. D

Eurodyne Updates

Just wanted you to not be offended if he doesn't reply quickly.
  14. D

Eurodyne Updates

There is no "someone" at Eurodyne, it's Chris only. Send an email to support@eurodyne.ca, best if you send it around 8AM EST as he has a good chance to see it first thing and reply. I don't know how many emails he gets but it seems to be a lot, and they can get buried quickly.