GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Dog Dad Wagon

1. Dog Dad Wagon

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I went from a 2019 Alltrack manual to a 2016 Touareg TDI. The Touareg is almost as efficient as the Alltrack on the highway, obviously fares a bit worse around town. For my use case, I really didn’t “need” the Treg but I also don’t regret my decision whatsoever. It’s the nicest car I’ve owned...
  2. Dog Dad Wagon

Yeah I’ve heard bad things about EBC in general.
  3. Dog Dad Wagon

Go to a different dealer. I botched the install on my ECS bleeder block a few years ago, right before driving the car across the country to Colorado. The line blew while I was in Denver (lucky not in bumfuck Kansas) and the mod friendly dealer there (to whom I was referred by locals on this very...
  4. Dog Dad Wagon

Another 6MT gearing thread

My MK6 GTI was the car I learned to drive stick on. It got the same gas mileage around town as it did on the highway lol, 28 city 28-30 highway hahaha. 65 mph @ 2750 RPM. I’d take a MK6 GTI transmission with a taller 5th and 6th gear (aka reduce the ratio of the 2nd pinion). Best of both worlds...
  5. Dog Dad Wagon

I hate people…

That’s some real Neanderthal shit
  6. Dog Dad Wagon

WTB 2016-2017 R

That’s a great buy. I’d take a 2017 over a 2018/2019.
  7. Dog Dad Wagon

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Interested your overall impressions of the NMS GT. I’m sure the VR6 + DSG has its merits, but what about the steering and suspension? Stereo?
  8. Dog Dad Wagon

I hate people…

It kinda makes me laugh more tha. Anything. I am just flabbergasted at how bad people are at driving lol
  9. Dog Dad Wagon

I hate people…

I understand your feelings… I work an IT support job and wfh, my partner also works from home. She wants to murder me daily
  10. Dog Dad Wagon

I hate people…

Me
  11. Dog Dad Wagon

I hate people…

I have a thing about talking on the phone - I CANT STAND holding my phone up to my ear. It hurts my arm to hold it up like that, and it’s just awkward and annoying. I talk exclusively on speaker phone - unless I am at work in which case I use my ear buds with mic.
  12. Dog Dad Wagon

Prices back down to earth

We are looking to sell and consolidate into just my car, so yeah we fucked ourselves by sleeping on it.
  13. Dog Dad Wagon

Prices back down to earth

My gf’s car was worth 14.5K in May, currently best offer is 11.9K. Wish we sold then…
  14. Dog Dad Wagon

Sport Trucks (or at least trucks that aren't 8 feet in the air)

Obviously my Treg isn’t a “truck” but I don’t do any off-roading, I will be lowering with Cayenne GTS springs and Bilstein HD struts in a few years. They drive great for what they are and I’m really looking forward to closing that gap even more with the lower/stiffer springs and stiffer struts.
  15. Dog Dad Wagon

Sport Trucks (or at least trucks that aren't 8 feet in the air)

Agreed on ridgeline. And if you wanna go lower I’m sure someone makes coilovers!